My sweet little Candor man is now 47 months old.
I cannot believe in one short month he will be 4 years old!?!? Can you tell he is getting a bit excited? Also - I'll give you one guess as to what theme he picked out for his birthday party.
This month he went on his very first date with a little girl named Parker. Parker is in the class above him at his preschool. He's already going after the older ladies! Parker's mom texted me and and said that Parker would like to invite Candor to go eat. Candor was on the fence until he learned that we were going to Homeslice to eat pizza and then he was all about it. They had a blast and they gave each other sweet little hugs at the end.
For the past month or so there have been sunflowers growing along the path we take to the park. Since we go all the time we have watched this particular sunflower grow from a tiny little sprout to this humongous tree (as we like to now call it). We have the best time looking and talking about how much it has grown each time we pass.
When we go to the grocery store I give each boy one fig newton to pacify them while I shop. Candor eats his up in seconds and then somehow persuades Townes to feed him his as well. It is so funny to watch Townes feed him bite after bite.
He got invited to several swim parties and got to use his new police jet ski in the pool. Him and all his buds loved it.
We have also played a lot in our little pool at the house. His favorite thing to do is grab the water hose and pretend he is putting out fires though.
He has also spent a lot of time in our sandbox at home. It is so hot outside and the sandbox is shaded so we all kind of congregate there.
He loves grabbing my phone while I am driving to take selfies. Now when I'm going through my photos for the blog I always run across many many many pictures of Candor very closeup. Ha.
He helped me babysit Navy one morning. Townes got a tad jealous of Navy being in my arms so he was all over me. Candor entertained Navy and helped put her bow back on her head every time it fell off. It was actually a pretty fun morning.
Candor usually wakes up before Townes and every morning I tell him he has to be quiet until he gets downstairs so he doesn't wake up Townes. He is usually fairly good at it but this week he told me that he was a secret spy and has been amazingly quiet. Come to find out, at school Ms. Brittney tells them they have to be secret spies when they go to chapel so they don't interrupt the other classrooms. Brilliant! Why didn't I think of that??
One of my favorite things we did this month was have a picnic in the car in the Top Notch parking lot. We had just left a play date and Townes was zonked out. Candor and I were both pretty hungry so we had a little lunch in the front seat of my car while Townes snoozed away. Candor thought he was pretty dang cool sitting in the front seat with me. We talked and laughed the whole time. It was so fun.
When Townes woke they got to ride the little Top Notch mechanical car.
He wore his police outfit and police rain jacket all around town.
One day we even turned our house into the police station. Not sure if you can see the Police wording and badge but he loved it and was not super happy when it rained and washed it all away.
He still loves playing with Snap Chat. His favorite setting is the pups.
Mine is the old ladies. I mean, aren't we stunning?!?!
All in all it was another successful month with lots of laughs, friends, and playing.
Tonight while I was putting Candor to sleep he started talking to me about the whistle drill they did at school today. It is actually a lock down drill but the littles only know of it as the whistle or quiet drill. He told me that during the whistle drill they turn out all the lights out, shut the doors, and go quickly and quietly to the book center. They then all sit very still. He thought this was so cool and I laid beside him trying desperately to hold back my tears. It make me so sad that my little 47 month old even needs to be taught this. I wish I could keep him in a little coccoon his whole life. I gave him lots more snuggles than usual tonight. Sleep sweet my little 47 month old. We love you so much.
I cannot believe in one short month he will be 4 years old!?!? Can you tell he is getting a bit excited? Also - I'll give you one guess as to what theme he picked out for his birthday party.
For the past month or so there have been sunflowers growing along the path we take to the park. Since we go all the time we have watched this particular sunflower grow from a tiny little sprout to this humongous tree (as we like to now call it). We have the best time looking and talking about how much it has grown each time we pass.
When we go to the grocery store I give each boy one fig newton to pacify them while I shop. Candor eats his up in seconds and then somehow persuades Townes to feed him his as well. It is so funny to watch Townes feed him bite after bite.
He got invited to several swim parties and got to use his new police jet ski in the pool. Him and all his buds loved it.
We have also played a lot in our little pool at the house. His favorite thing to do is grab the water hose and pretend he is putting out fires though.
He has also spent a lot of time in our sandbox at home. It is so hot outside and the sandbox is shaded so we all kind of congregate there.
He loves grabbing my phone while I am driving to take selfies. Now when I'm going through my photos for the blog I always run across many many many pictures of Candor very closeup. Ha.
He helped me babysit Navy one morning. Townes got a tad jealous of Navy being in my arms so he was all over me. Candor entertained Navy and helped put her bow back on her head every time it fell off. It was actually a pretty fun morning.
Candor usually wakes up before Townes and every morning I tell him he has to be quiet until he gets downstairs so he doesn't wake up Townes. He is usually fairly good at it but this week he told me that he was a secret spy and has been amazingly quiet. Come to find out, at school Ms. Brittney tells them they have to be secret spies when they go to chapel so they don't interrupt the other classrooms. Brilliant! Why didn't I think of that??
One of my favorite things we did this month was have a picnic in the car in the Top Notch parking lot. We had just left a play date and Townes was zonked out. Candor and I were both pretty hungry so we had a little lunch in the front seat of my car while Townes snoozed away. Candor thought he was pretty dang cool sitting in the front seat with me. We talked and laughed the whole time. It was so fun.
When Townes woke they got to ride the little Top Notch mechanical car.
He wore his police outfit and police rain jacket all around town.
One day we even turned our house into the police station. Not sure if you can see the Police wording and badge but he loved it and was not super happy when it rained and washed it all away.
He still loves playing with Snap Chat. His favorite setting is the pups.
Mine is the old ladies. I mean, aren't we stunning?!?!
All in all it was another successful month with lots of laughs, friends, and playing.
Tonight while I was putting Candor to sleep he started talking to me about the whistle drill they did at school today. It is actually a lock down drill but the littles only know of it as the whistle or quiet drill. He told me that during the whistle drill they turn out all the lights out, shut the doors, and go quickly and quietly to the book center. They then all sit very still. He thought this was so cool and I laid beside him trying desperately to hold back my tears. It make me so sad that my little 47 month old even needs to be taught this. I wish I could keep him in a little coccoon his whole life. I gave him lots more snuggles than usual tonight. Sleep sweet my little 47 month old. We love you so much.































Comments
Post a Comment