Skip to main content

46 Months! (Candor)

My handsome little devil is now 46 months old.


He had yet another exciting adventurous month.  

His buddy Shayne's dad got a suite to the Round Rock Express baseball game and they asked us to go with them.  The game bored him a bit but they did have this huge LEGO section in the concession area that he loved.  We will definitely be going again just to play there!





Candor's school buddy Parker has a big girl bike like Candor's big boy bike.  One day we saw her  riding it to school so the next day Candor decided to give his a whirl instead of his Strider.  We took off and got about 5 houses down the road before he decided he wanted to turn back around and get his Strider.  That is really good because normally when we attempt to ride his big boy bike we only make it to Ms. Ann's house next door.  Ha!


He loves collecting rocks and any other little gems he finds along the way when he is at school or when we are out and about.  I either find these items in his lunch box, the washing machine (I found 19 rocks - not exaggerating - in there the other day after washing a load of clothes.  I now try to remember to check his pockets), or he gives them to me.  I made him a little spot on the counter to store all his treasures.


He still loves pretending he is a police dog canine.  I have to make him a little dog house at the corner of the couch daily.  Candor also insists it has a tiny hole on the edge so Townes can come look at him.  They both get a kick out of it. 


When he is not pretending to be a police dog canine he is pretending he is a police man and Townes is the police dog canine.  Here he is pretending to walk Townes with a leash.  Poor sweet Townes has no idea!


Speaking of police officers...here is Candor dressed like a police officer (you can kind of see his police hat through the crack) doing a puppet show with a puppet police officer.  


One afternoon Candor, Townes and I went to The Coop to play.  The Coop is one big room with toys, a bouncy house, and a huge ball pit.  While we were there Townes was having a fit to get in the ball pit and trying to climb a huge ladder.  After I pulled Townes off the ladder I looked around and could not find Candor.  I started to panic.  I knew he had to be in here somewhere because he could not exit the building but where was he?!?!  I was about to dive into the ball pit to check the bottom but I decided to run into the bathrooms and look first.  I found him sitting on the pot like this.  He told me he had to poop so he drove this red car in the bathroom (so no one would get it), stripped his pants off, and was doing his business.  I mean - I'm glad he didn't mess up his pants but I almost had a heart attack!
  

One of the most exciting things he did this month sit in a real firetruck.  The Crestview fire station is a couple of blocks from us.  They have their firetruck parked out in the driveway often.  Every time we have walked by and the fire men and women were outside they ask Candor if he wants to check out the firetruck.  He finally got the courage to do it.  He loved it and they were so incredibly nice to him.  I love our sweet little neighborhood.


Our dishwasher broke this month and we had to get someone to come over and repair it.  I always love when we have workers come to the house because Candor gets so excited.  When the dishwasher man came Candor copied everything he did.  The dishwasher man got out his measuring tape.  Candor got his measuring tape out.  The dishwasher man laid on the floor.  Candor laid on the floor.  I was able to slyly snap this pic.  You can barely see the worker's feet  coming out from the side of the island and Candor is laid on the floor just like him!


Candor also got to meet up with Jake and Ellie at the Violet Crown Festival.  He loves playing with them.  



Candor was a complete joy to hang with this month.  Life is 100 times better with him.













Candor man has also been saying the sweetest prayers every night.  They go something like this....

Dear God,
Thank you for mommy, daddy, Townes, and me.
Thank you for the beach and my condo.
Thank you for my water bottle.
Thank you for Ms. Suzi.
Thank you for the color blue.
Thank you for police officers.
NO THANK YOU for bad guys.
NO THANK YOU for Townes pulling my hair.
Amen

With that sweet little prayer I will end this blog with a prayer of my own.

Dear God,
Thank you for Todd, Candor, Townes, and me (Ha!)
Thank you for a great 46th month.
Thank you for coffee
Thank you for concealer.
Thank you for WIFI.
Thank you for my straightening iron.
NO THANK YOU for wrinkles.
NO THANK YOU for my aching back.
Amen
P.S.  Please let Candor have a wonderful 47th month of life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

23 Months! (Townes)

My little man is now 23 months old! He is so happy, sweet and funny!  His days are spent laughing and smiling...with only a few tears thrown in there every once in awhile. His new favorite loves this month are dandelions and helping me do things. Townes can spot a dandelion from a mile away and insists on grabbing every single one of them. He also insists on helping me do everything.  Some things take a bit longer to do with Townes helping but I'll take them taking out the trash everyday! His favorite foods is still tacos.  He gets fired up anytime we mention tacos and starts chanting....'TACOS! TACOS!'. He loves soccer balls.  One day he had a fit to try on one of Candor's soccer uniforms.  I have never in my life seen anyone so proud.  He was glowing and thought he was so cool like his big bro. Todd ordered them both a new Liverpool kit which was also Townes first soccer kit of...

Frankenstein

Candor and I did our first craft project.  There were no fights and it 'kind of' looks like Frankenstein so I give it an A+!

2018 Valentines

Townes and Candor had an awesome Valentines this year. In early February Candor and Townes made some sweet little Valentines for some of their friends. Candor then had his Valentines Day Sock Hop at his preschool.  A few hours before the dance I remembered I had signed up to bring cookies so we raced to the IGA and picked up our 'homemade' cookies! We then started getting ready for the big dance.  Once we got to the dance we headed straight to the photo booth.  Candor loved posing with all his friends and we could barely drag him away. Candor then headed for the dance floor.  He danced, played limbo, and ran around like crazy.  All the kids had so much fun. On the morning of Valentines Candor and Townes 'raced' downstairs to see what they got. Candor then got dressed and headed to school with the Valentines for his friends and Ms. Suzi's gift. Candor insisted that we bring Ms. Suzi some chocolate c...