Skip to main content

16 Months! (Townes)

Townes man is now 16 months old!


This beautiful little blonde soul is so sweet, fun and INCREDIBLY busy.  He wakes up and is 100 miles per hour until he goes to sleep at night. 

Balloons are one of Townes' favorite things this month.  He flips out every time he sees one.  We had tons of balloons for Candor's birthday and he took them everywhere.

On walks in his orange car.


To the park.


Eating.


In the bathtub.


Up the stairs.


One night when he was sleeping I finally popped them all and destroyed the evidence.  They were driving me bananas!

Townes is also obsessed with books.  He doesn't have quite the attention span to really get through a book if you read it to him but he will look at the pictures for a long time.






One day be grabbed his balloons and his books at the same time.  He was in hog heaven!


Townes loves doing flashcards.  His favorite cards are the ball, moon, robot, cow, cat, and hat cards.  He can say ball, moon, and robot.  He moos for the cow, meows for the cat, and pats his head for the hat.  On the clock card whenever I say clock he claps no matter how much I try to clearly pronounce clock he still thinks I'm saying clap.  It is really cute.


Whenever Townes is ready to go outside (which is still all the time) he grabs his shoes and heads to the door.  


When he comes in from outside he will immediately sit by the door and take off his shoes.  Before long it is not only going to be Candor telling our guests to take their shoes off at the door.  Teaching him young!  


Townes still loves Candor so incredibly much and wants to do every little thing he does.

He wears his shoes.


He follows him laps and laps around the house pushing vehicles.  


He watches TV with Candor.


I finally got him to wear his shades because I showed him Candor had his on!


He tries to climb on playground equipment because Candor is doing it even though his short little legs have no chance of successfully crossing the steps.


He sits Candor's police boat (pillow) with him.


He rolls cars with Candor on EVERYTHING.


He cleans with Candor.


He even sits with Candor while he is in time out!  Now that is true love.


Townes has figured out the concept of hiding.  He loves it and laughs so hard when you find him.  A few of his go to hiding spots are...

In mine or Todd's closet.


Behind his curtains.  This is probably his favorite of them all.



Behind shower curtains.


Under blankets.


Behind his rocking chair.


Townes got to ride in the bike trailer for the first time and loved it.  He thought he was so cool riding with his helmet on like his big bro.



Townes went on his very first hike in the hiking backpack and he loved it.


One hot afternoon we played with summer balloons (water balloons).  Townes was a complete maniac with them.  He would bite the water balloon and it would pop and water would shoot out all over him.  He would laugh and laugh and laugh.  I know...I know...it is not the safest thing for him to do but Todd and I were watching super closely.



Townes has loved hanging with Navy this month.  Anytime you get these three together they are a force to be reckoned with.  You have heard how Townes does everything that Candor does, well Navy does every thing that Townes does.  He is getting a dose of his own medicine!



Also, what is going on in the below picture?!?!  


Why, it is Townes sleeping without his swaddle.  One night this month - Townes' diaper leaked in the middle of the night.  It got his little raggedy swaddle wet so I had no choice but to take it off of him.  The rest of that night and every night since Townes has slept perfectly in just his jammies. I should have taken it off of him months ago but every time I thought about it I remembered the 8 months of no sleep Todd and I had.   Once he had started sleeping through the night I didn't want to change a single thing.  I guess this was Townes way of telling me he didn't need it anymore!

I get emails from babycenter each week telling me what Townes is likely doing for his age.  Well this week they completely nailed it in the refusing to cooperate department.


For example, we were headed out the door to pick up Candor from preschool and sweet little T decided he wanted to push the lawn mower down the street.  I let him go a few houses down and then I asked him if he would turn around and head back to the house.  He vehemently shook his head no.  I then just turned his lawnmower for him and he got so angry that he threw himself on the road.  The road was so hot he then started screaming and crying.  I then had to carry him and the lawnmower back home.


Even though my little bubba has had a few rough patches this month there has been loads more smiles than tears.





All in all it has been another fabulous month and we can't wait to see what all our little bubba does in his 17th month of life!













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

23 Months! (Townes)

My little man is now 23 months old! He is so happy, sweet and funny!  His days are spent laughing and smiling...with only a few tears thrown in there every once in awhile. His new favorite loves this month are dandelions and helping me do things. Townes can spot a dandelion from a mile away and insists on grabbing every single one of them. He also insists on helping me do everything.  Some things take a bit longer to do with Townes helping but I'll take them taking out the trash everyday! His favorite foods is still tacos.  He gets fired up anytime we mention tacos and starts chanting....'TACOS! TACOS!'. He loves soccer balls.  One day he had a fit to try on one of Candor's soccer uniforms.  I have never in my life seen anyone so proud.  He was glowing and thought he was so cool like his big bro. Todd ordered them both a new Liverpool kit which was also Townes first soccer kit of...

15 Months! (Candor)

Candor man is now 15 Months old!  He is a bundle of energy and never stops.  He has two speeds... 0mph (asleep) and 100mph (ALL other times). He has become a super funny little guy.  On the daily information sheets I get after school silly is always circled.  Mrs. Maggie and Mrs. Lauris says he really cuts up during nap time.  When everyone is 'suppose' to be napping Candor will get off his mat,  go over to the ladies (the little girls in the class),  squat down, and whisper "hey hey" so they will get up and play with him.  This Tuesday there was a new little friend in class named Miles.  Mrs. Maggie and Mrs. Lauris said that Miles and Candor did downward dog and giggled at each other all during nap time. His teachers think he is hilarious now but I bet the older he gets the less funny he will be.  He better enjoy it now!

Those Cheeks!

We went to Maria's Taco Express for breakfast today....at noon. Late start to the day. Candor was cutting up a bit in his car seat so Todd picked him up. After a few minutes of laughing he passed out on Todd's shoulder.