Candor Man .... well .... Candor (he told me he no longer wants to be called Candor Man only Candor .... tear) is 49 months old!
Last but definitely not least Candor saw a street sweeper for the first time in his life! He talked about it for days afterwards.
My sweet Candor you are the best. 50 Month here we come!
My little boy is turning into a grown boy right before my very own eyes. It really tugs at my heartstrings.
Since he is 4 he can now have 2 gummy vitamins in the morning instead of 1. He is super happy about this and reminds us every morning to give him 2.
In the picture above not only is he getting his 2 vitamins but he is wearing one of my run shirts. He pulled it out of my closet one night and said he wanted to wear it to bed and wore it every night for a week. I thought it was so sweet and cute and it reminded me of when I would wear Pop Pop's shirts to bed when I was little.
He also thinks he is old and always says "When I was little" (I rolled my car on the couch or some other kind of action) or "I have't been to (insert place) since I've been 4."
His favorite is We need to go to P. Terry's since I haven't been there since I was 4. I think he thinks if he says that I will forget the 40 times we have been there this month already!
Candor also now understands that television shows have specific episodes. He use to only ask to watch Paw Patrol but now, for example, he will say let's watch the Pups Save the Royal Kitties Paw Patrol episode.
Candor also likes me to tell Candor the Police Officer stories every time we get in the car. These go on and on forever. He tells me the subject. I start telling it and he fills in all the blanks.
Below is an example:
Title: Someone Stole All the Water out of Regular Jacob's Swimming Pool.
He also thinks he is old and always says "When I was little" (I rolled my car on the couch or some other kind of action) or "I have't been to (insert place) since I've been 4."
His favorite is We need to go to P. Terry's since I haven't been there since I was 4. I think he thinks if he says that I will forget the 40 times we have been there this month already!
Candor also now understands that television shows have specific episodes. He use to only ask to watch Paw Patrol but now, for example, he will say let's watch the Pups Save the Royal Kitties Paw Patrol episode.
Candor also likes me to tell Candor the Police Officer stories every time we get in the car. These go on and on forever. He tells me the subject. I start telling it and he fills in all the blanks.
Below is an example:
Title: Someone Stole All the Water out of Regular Jacob's Swimming Pool.
One afternoon Regular Jacob, Regular Ellie and Regular Tara invited Regular Candor over to their house to swim. When they went out to swim they realized there was no water in the swimming pool! Regular Tara ran and grabbed her phone and called Police Officer Candor. Police Officer Candor, Police Officer Mommy and Badge the police dog all jump in their police blue Ford F150 18 weeler and head to Regular Jacob's house. They pick this vehicle because it is big and they need a big vehicle to bring all the water back to Regular Jacobs house once they find it. Once they arrive they start looking for clues. They found foot prints, finger prints, a cell phone with no charge, and a dirty drivers license. Police Officer Candor also finds a sheet of paper on the ground. He thought it was evidence but when he looked at it is was a note from Regular Candor telling Police Officer Candor that he loved him. They finish looking for clues and headed back to the police station. On the way back to the police station they had a flat tire so they had to call Tow Truck Driver Daddy to fix their flat. Tow Truck Driver Daddy fixed their flat and left. Once Police Officer Candor, Police Officer Mommy and Badge started to drive again they noticed their siren was broken. They had to call Tow Truck Driver Daddy back to fix the siren. They finally get everything fixed and head back to the police station to look at their evidence. First they look at the finger print. From the finger print they determine the bad guy is an adult male with dark hair and green eyes. They then look at the foot print. From the foot print they determine the bad guy wears a size 38 shoe and was wearing blue soccer shoes. They then find a charger for the cell phone and charge it up. From the phone they don't find any clues. They then clean the drivers license off and see that the bad guy who stole the water our of Regular Jacobs swimming pool is Regular Daddy! They all load back up in the police blue Ford F150 18 wheeler and drive to Madison Avenue. Once there they knock on the door and no one answers. Police Officer Candor then breaks open the door and water shoots out of the house. They see Regular Daddy just swimming in the house filled with water! They get Regular Daddy and hand cuff him. They then load all the water up in their police blue Ford F150 18 Wheeler. They first bring Regular Daddy to jail. He has to stay in jail for 1 minute. They then bring the water back to Regular Jacobs house and put it back in the pool. Regular Candor, Regular Jacob, and Regular Ellie swim and swim the rest of the day. Police Officer Candor, Police Officer Mommy and Badge go to let Regular Daddy out of jail and he was not there! Regular Daddy had a jack hammer and made a hole in the floor and escaped! Regular Daddy had went to the P. Terry's with the sandbox! They loaded up and headed to P. Terry's. Once there they saw Regular Daddy and he tried to escape again but Badge grabbed him by the pants leg. They loaded up Regular Daddy again and took him to jail. He had to stay in jail for 26 seconds this time. Once the 26 seconds was up they took him back to his house at 1307 Madison Avenue.
Are you confused? Are you exhausted? Did you think this would ever end? Sometimes in the afternoons I like to load up the boys, grab Starbucks, and drive around to have a few minutes of peace. Most of the time Candor coerces me into telling one of these never ending stories while we are driving. I usually tell him we can do a really quick one. I try to find the bad guy quickly but it never fails and we always have a flat tire or he escapes again.
Here are a few other adorable little things Candor has done this month.
We still cannot get him to eat very many different foods. One night I had to run a few errands so Todd made Candor supper that consisted of a waffle, a smoothie, and some fruit. Candor, of course, refused to eat the waffle so Todd put some ketchup on it and he ate it right up!
He has since eaten several more ketchup waffles.
At Candor's 4 yr visit with Dr. D. I mentioned (as I do at every appointment) that Candor only eats a select few items of food. He said it was normal, but do not cater to him. One morning we had ran out of the small oatmeal flakes and only had big oatmeal flakes. Candor only likes the small flakes so I poured them on a cutting board and cut up the flakes into small pieces. Do you think this is what Dr. D. was referring to when he said not to cater to him??
One night after bath time he had to use the potty. He yelled at me to come quick as he had to show me something. He said Look Mommy! If I scoot all the way back and pee I can make tons of bubbles! I have a long peeing and tooting life ahead of me with a house full of boys!
We signed Candor up for soccer and the season starts mid September. He got his first pair of soccer shoes and is in love with them. I cannot wait to watch him play.
On afternoon Candor asked me if he could call Jake and Ellie on the phone. I told him sure! We called them and they happened to be in the neighborhood so we invited them over. They played and watched a little tv together. Candor loved having them over.
He made a police train with all his vehicles.
We got to go on our first hike in a while. It is so fun to take them out in the woods and walk around looking at nature.
As mentioned in Townes 16 month blog Townes follows Candor everywhere and does everything he does. Candor is so sweet about it and has really started taking care of his bro.
One example that really stood out to me was one afternoon we were at the Brentwood Social House. I was standing at the register finishing my order and Townes took off and headed to the kids room. I asked Candor to please go with him and make sure he is ok. By the time I finally finished I started walking back there and Candor was right by Townes' side with his hand on his little back making sure he was doing what he was suppose to be doing. He said Mommy, he's been good! They still fuss about toys and such but man, when they get a long it is the sweetest thing in the world. I hope they stay best friends for the rest of their life.
Candor also often requests they dress alike. I always oblige because I mean, really, are these not the cutest dinosaurs you have ever seen?
The only thing I love more then watching the two of them together is when we are all together. This is us most mornings during breakfast. All eating but still touching.
Candor put on a few puppet shows for me and Townes.
He made some binoculars at school with toilet tissue holders. I love this picture as it reminds me of GUB sitting in his chair looking at squirrels with his binoculars. I really miss GUB and his laughter.
He supervised Todd working.
Candor needed a hair cut so we decided to try out the Crestview Barber Shop which is right down the road. It was awesome in there and Candor loved it. He chatted Ms. Lacey's head off telling her where he lived, that he walked there, what color shirt he had on and about all his new shoes. We will definitely be going back for all future hair cuts.
Oh and they had blue lollipops which is a must for Candor.
Candor had tons of play dates.
Sometimes they like to switch up the stroller seating.
Last but definitely not least Candor saw a street sweeper for the first time in his life! He talked about it for days afterwards.






























Comments
Post a Comment