Skip to main content

Soth Padre (Trip 4)

Before I begin please ignore the fact that we pretty much have on the same clothes in every picture.  We all only packed 2 outfits each (expect Todd who packed 1) and our bathing suits.  I did wash clothes every day!

Back in June Candor started asking to go back to his condo so we decided to book another trip!  We decided to go after school started so the beaches would not be packed.  Leading up to the trip we once again talked about all the fun things we were going to do and all the toys we would bring.  The 'looking forward/talking about the trip' is almost as fun as the trip itself!

The morning of our trip Candor popped out of bed at 6AM and was raring to go!  We had packed all of our things the night before so the boys had a quick breakfast and we headed out.


The trip to South Padre went so smooth.  We only had to stop a few times for potty breaks and once at Candor's favorite gas station to buy them each a car (like we need more).  Candor started talking about the gas station hours before we were even close to it.  He remembers everything.


When we arrived at the condo the electricity was out on the block due to a breaker.  We didn't mind as there could be worse problems and we were on the beach for petes sake!  By the time we unloaded and went for a quick swim the electricity was back on.  We then headed to Wanna Wanna for some fried shrimp.  It was a quick chaotic dinner.  It is usually never a great idea to go to a restaurant after being in a car for over 6 hours.  We then walked back home and we were all asleep by 8:30.  

The next day Candor, Todd and I woke up around 7.  When Townes finally rolled out of bed we headed to the beach.  

We had the best time.  We made poop monster trucks and then gave them ocean baths.  We kicked the soccer ball, built sand castles, moats, a monster truck course and played in the ocean.    





We finally all head back to the condo and Todd made some pizza.  The oven had seen cleaner times and while cooking Todd set off the fire alarm.  After opening the doors and several neighbors checking on us the pizza was finally done.

After eating Townes took his nap and Todd, Candor and I played with Legos.



That afternoon we went to the Laguna Madre Nature Trail and then did a little swimming before bed.






The next morning we had to wait on Candor to roll out of bed before we headed to the beach.


We had another great day on the beach doing the same things as the day before.  We then came in for lunch, naps and legos.




After Townes woke up from his nap we headed to see the turtles at Sea Turtle, Inc.  We went here once before but they recently added on and it was awesome.








After seeing the turtles we headed to the Port Isabel Lighthouse.  Candor wanted to climb up  the lighthouse the last time we were here but you had to be 4.  He was super pumped this time and kept reminding us he was 4 so he could go in.  When we arrived I head to the lighthouse with Candor and Townes and Todd went to a burger shack.  Once we got in the lighthouse and started climbing I remembered that I am deathly afraid of heights.  I got to almost the top and was petrified and practically frozen on my feet.  Candor, however, had a blast.





After finally being able to breathe again when we hit flat land Candor and I headed to the Burger Shack to meet up with Todd and Townes.  Townes had spotted a cat while they were there and had to show Candor.  Todd said Townes would not get very close to the cat but once Candor was there he got much braver.


We then headed back for dinner and bed.  Townes was asleep by 7 and we let Candor stay up and we all watched a few new episodes of Paw Patrol.

The next day Townes once again slept in.  While Townes was sleeping Candor ate his breakfast.  Once he was done with his breakfast he asked for some ketchup.  This is gross and not very good parenting but we were on vacation so......



We then hit the beach again for the rest of the day!




It was once again a perfect vacation.  It is so nice to leave work, school, and your phones behind and just spend quality time with each other.  I'm sad it is over and I know this little dude will be sad when he can no longer stay up watching Paw Patrol and eating his nightly treat or shall I say treats.


However, I'm sure we will see you sooner rather than later South Padre Island!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

23 Months! (Townes)

My little man is now 23 months old! He is so happy, sweet and funny!  His days are spent laughing and smiling...with only a few tears thrown in there every once in awhile. His new favorite loves this month are dandelions and helping me do things. Townes can spot a dandelion from a mile away and insists on grabbing every single one of them. He also insists on helping me do everything.  Some things take a bit longer to do with Townes helping but I'll take them taking out the trash everyday! His favorite foods is still tacos.  He gets fired up anytime we mention tacos and starts chanting....'TACOS! TACOS!'. He loves soccer balls.  One day he had a fit to try on one of Candor's soccer uniforms.  I have never in my life seen anyone so proud.  He was glowing and thought he was so cool like his big bro. Todd ordered them both a new Liverpool kit which was also Townes first soccer kit of...

Frankenstein

Candor and I did our first craft project.  There were no fights and it 'kind of' looks like Frankenstein so I give it an A+!

2018 Valentines

Townes and Candor had an awesome Valentines this year. In early February Candor and Townes made some sweet little Valentines for some of their friends. Candor then had his Valentines Day Sock Hop at his preschool.  A few hours before the dance I remembered I had signed up to bring cookies so we raced to the IGA and picked up our 'homemade' cookies! We then started getting ready for the big dance.  Once we got to the dance we headed straight to the photo booth.  Candor loved posing with all his friends and we could barely drag him away. Candor then headed for the dance floor.  He danced, played limbo, and ran around like crazy.  All the kids had so much fun. On the morning of Valentines Candor and Townes 'raced' downstairs to see what they got. Candor then got dressed and headed to school with the Valentines for his friends and Ms. Suzi's gift. Candor insisted that we bring Ms. Suzi some chocolate c...