Skip to main content

54 Months! (Candor)

My little man is now 54 months old!


Candor has been correcting me on the way I say things lately.  His main two things he corrects me on is the way I say orange and the names of the dinosaurs.  I'll give it to him on the dinosaurs but come on....I can say orange!  When I mentioned this to Nana she was quick to inform me that I use to do the same thing.  I think she is happy things have come around full circle.

The cutest thing Candor said this month was to Todd.  One night he was getting ready for bed and Candor asked Todd if he had taken out his wax out yet.  We were so confused.  After many questions we realized that Candor meant contacts.  This whole time he has been hearing wax instead of contacts.

This month I also realized that Candor is growing like a weed.  I noticed this when Candor was able to wash his hands is many public restroom sinks without a stool or me having to hold him.  This was a bitter sweet moment to me when I realized this was happening.  I mean I am happy but it does tug on my heart strings a bit that slowly but surely he is depending on me less and less.


This month Candor also informed me that he did not want to use his lunchbox with the monster riding the skateboard anymore and he wanted a backpack.  This made me super sentimental/sad as well.  This lunchbox has been with him since the first day he has started Crestview.  How tiny is my baby here?!?!


Anyway, I let Candor pick out his new backpack and he picked out this pretty blue little thing.  No cute little monster riding a skateboard and no monogram.  Sigh....  Candor was super excited and proud to bring his new backpack to school and told everyone about it.



I mean, check him out strutting down the preschool hall.


The turtles have said some super cute things.



Candor said he was thankful for chocolate chip cookies.


Candor is still really into dinosaurs.  We all went to the Texas Memorial Museum one afternoon and Candor was in Heaven.  



He left the museum with this awesome dinosaur watch which he LOVES and some really cool dinosaur flashcards.


I took him to the dinosaur park in Cedar Park.  


He is making his TRex arms and roaring in our picture.  HaHa


He is still super into pretending.  In the below picture he had taken a suitcase and packed it up with a few things and told me he was going to South Padre to stay in his condo.  


One morning we had someone come over to work on our internet.  Candor was so excited when the worker arrived wearing his yellow vest.  Candor immediately put on his outfit and got all his tools out.  At one point the worker went outside to do some work.  Candor walked into the living room and said, 'Momma, where did my helper go?'.  I laughed so hard.


I got him the below calendar for Christmas.  When he opened it, he looked at me and asked me what it was.  I said a calendar.  He laughed and asked me if I was joking.  I knew when I bought it that he would not be very excited initially as it was not a toy but would love it.  Well, he does!  We update it every night.  


A few other Christmas presents that he is loving is his scooter and stomp rocket.



Our neighbor Parker has invited Candor to ride bikes with him and his dad a few times.  Candor (and Townes) think this is so cool to ride with Parker, his dad, and Todd.


He had pajama day at school.  Mr. Jeff even had a tent set up in their room that week.  He and all his buddies loved it!



I will end this with the cutest song that Candor learned from chapel at preschool.

The sun goes up
The sun goes down
The world keeps spinning round and round
God love you
and God loves me
That's how simple life can be

I love these lyrics and I hope Candor always remembers this when life gets chaotic.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

23 Months! (Townes)

My little man is now 23 months old! He is so happy, sweet and funny!  His days are spent laughing and smiling...with only a few tears thrown in there every once in awhile. His new favorite loves this month are dandelions and helping me do things. Townes can spot a dandelion from a mile away and insists on grabbing every single one of them. He also insists on helping me do everything.  Some things take a bit longer to do with Townes helping but I'll take them taking out the trash everyday! His favorite foods is still tacos.  He gets fired up anytime we mention tacos and starts chanting....'TACOS! TACOS!'. He loves soccer balls.  One day he had a fit to try on one of Candor's soccer uniforms.  I have never in my life seen anyone so proud.  He was glowing and thought he was so cool like his big bro. Todd ordered them both a new Liverpool kit which was also Townes first soccer kit of...

Frankenstein

Candor and I did our first craft project.  There were no fights and it 'kind of' looks like Frankenstein so I give it an A+!

2018 Valentines

Townes and Candor had an awesome Valentines this year. In early February Candor and Townes made some sweet little Valentines for some of their friends. Candor then had his Valentines Day Sock Hop at his preschool.  A few hours before the dance I remembered I had signed up to bring cookies so we raced to the IGA and picked up our 'homemade' cookies! We then started getting ready for the big dance.  Once we got to the dance we headed straight to the photo booth.  Candor loved posing with all his friends and we could barely drag him away. Candor then headed for the dance floor.  He danced, played limbo, and ran around like crazy.  All the kids had so much fun. On the morning of Valentines Candor and Townes 'raced' downstairs to see what they got. Candor then got dressed and headed to school with the Valentines for his friends and Ms. Suzi's gift. Candor insisted that we bring Ms. Suzi some chocolate c...