Skip to main content

2018 Halloween!

Do you think September 8th is too early to start decorating for Halloween?  Me either so that is just what we did on that lovely Saturday.  We decorated both inside AND outside our house.  Our neighbors either love it or think we are a little batty...probably the latter but who cares!

Chalkboard walls were decorated.



We put up all of our inside decorations.  For some reason, this is the only pic I took.  Arg!


Window clings were put on the windows.


Pumpkins, ghosts, and witches feet were placed in the front yard.


We hung our scary guy (Candor named him Windmill) on the front door.  


This year I also bought a Halloween tree.  I flipping loved it and so did the boys.  We let Candor stay up late one night after Townes went to bed to help decorate it.  We put on some Halloween tunes, let him have some M&M's and we decorated up a storm.  He had so much fun.




Townes was very fascinated with it when he saw it the next morning.  He did very well not touching the tree so I'm very surprised the one picture I have with him in front of it is him grabbing an ornament.  Ha!


Arby came over one afternoon and said wow, your Christmas tree is the saddest thing I have ever seen.  Candor explained to him that this was a Halloween tree.  He was thoroughly confused.  I mean, who doesn't have a Halloween tree?!?!


Since we had our decorations up our next step was to get our Halloween costumes.  This was an easy task as Candor has had our costumes planned for months.  Him and I were going to be cops and Townes and daddy were going to be bad guys.  One afternoon during Townes' nap time Candor and I headed to Spirit Halloween and he picked out everyone's outfit.  


Once we got home everyone tried on their costumes and they all fit.  Success!


Since we had our decorations up and our costumes bought we then just sat back and enjoyed all things Halloween for the next 7 weeks.  It was absolutely awesome!

We watched Halloween movies.


We went to a couple of pumpkin patches.  The first one we went to was called Sweet Eats Fruit Farm.  It was so much fun.  It had tons of pumpkins, a petting zoo, a chalkboard wall, and lots of little games.  






The second one we went to was located at St. John's United Methodist Church which is very close to our house.  Candor, Townes and I went their one afternoon after school.  They had a blast walking around and playing.




The boys then got to paint their pumpkins they bought from the patch.


We browsed the stores looking at all the Halloween decorations and costumes.  We like to get a few new decorations each year to add to our collection.


We also took lots of nightly walks around the neighborhood looking at (and taking pictures with) all the decorations.  This was probably everyone's favorite thing to do.  


They had a Halloween celebration at Candor and Townes' preschool as well.  One of the activities they do each year is to let the kids grab a roll of tape and go to town on the playground making spiderwebs with it.  They all love to do this.




Finally after so much anticipation the big day finally arrived....and it was raining!!  What?!?!  Oh well - a little rain never stopped the Jones' from having fun.

Todd dressed up as Teen Wolf for Halloween at his office.  


Todd left work early so we could get dressed and try to head out early before the rain came.  Once we were dressed we took a quick photo before hitting the streets.  I had originally planned to wear the mustache I'm sporting in the below pic for the entire night but Townes flipped out and wouldn't come close to me so I ditched it after this photo.


At around 5:30 we headed out.  We loaded the boys up in the wagon and headed to the IGA to grab a few things.  We got so many honks and waves and several people stopped us so they could get our pic.  Candor was so incredibly proud everyone liked our costumes.  After the IGA the rain started slowly coming so we quickly stopped at our neighbor Kathleen's house.  I was a little unsure how Townes would react to the trick or treating business but he acted like he had done this all his life.  


As soon as we left Kathleen's house the rain started coming so we took a little break in our garage.  We then discovered that Townes absolutely loves suckers.  I mean really really loves them.  He couldn't get enough.




After about 30 minutes the rain subsided and we hit the streets.  We did some serious trick or treating for about 30 minutes and then the rain came back with a vengeance.  


After it started pouring we all raced home.  We were all completely soaked but we had so much fun and everyone was so happy.  Best Halloween yet!



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

23 Months! (Townes)

My little man is now 23 months old! He is so happy, sweet and funny!  His days are spent laughing and smiling...with only a few tears thrown in there every once in awhile. His new favorite loves this month are dandelions and helping me do things. Townes can spot a dandelion from a mile away and insists on grabbing every single one of them. He also insists on helping me do everything.  Some things take a bit longer to do with Townes helping but I'll take them taking out the trash everyday! His favorite foods is still tacos.  He gets fired up anytime we mention tacos and starts chanting....'TACOS! TACOS!'. He loves soccer balls.  One day he had a fit to try on one of Candor's soccer uniforms.  I have never in my life seen anyone so proud.  He was glowing and thought he was so cool like his big bro. Todd ordered them both a new Liverpool kit which was also Townes first soccer kit of...

15 Months! (Candor)

Candor man is now 15 Months old!  He is a bundle of energy and never stops.  He has two speeds... 0mph (asleep) and 100mph (ALL other times). He has become a super funny little guy.  On the daily information sheets I get after school silly is always circled.  Mrs. Maggie and Mrs. Lauris says he really cuts up during nap time.  When everyone is 'suppose' to be napping Candor will get off his mat,  go over to the ladies (the little girls in the class),  squat down, and whisper "hey hey" so they will get up and play with him.  This Tuesday there was a new little friend in class named Miles.  Mrs. Maggie and Mrs. Lauris said that Miles and Candor did downward dog and giggled at each other all during nap time. His teachers think he is hilarious now but I bet the older he gets the less funny he will be.  He better enjoy it now!

Those Cheeks!

We went to Maria's Taco Express for breakfast today....at noon. Late start to the day. Candor was cutting up a bit in his car seat so Todd picked him up. After a few minutes of laughing he passed out on Todd's shoulder.