Skip to main content

18 Months! (Townes)

The littlest love of my life is now 18 months old!



Townes has had a pretty spectacular month.  His vocabulary is incredible for a little dude.  He can say a ton of words on his own and he can repeat pretty much anything you ask him to.  He also understands everything you tell him or ask him to do.  He may not always listen to you but he most definitely understands.

Townes also used the bathroom on the potty.....multiple times!  I am by no means expecting him to be out of diapers anytime soon but I will take this!  Each time he would run to either Todd or I and hold his diaper.  We would ask him if he needed to go to the bathroom and he would say 'yeah!'.  We took him in, stripped his diaper and he peed!


We also ditched his nightly bottle this month.  At Townes' 15 month appointment Dr. D. said he recommends them to be off the bottle by 18 months so right before his 18 month dr. visit I tossed them all in the trash.  I had been so worried that this might affect his sleeping but no ...... little man just rolled with it.  He was a little perturbed the first night but after that it was no big deal.

It's been a good ride bottles feeding both my little bubbas but I'm happy to say I will never ever see you again.  


Todd and I can't take all the credit for how well Townes is doing.  We have to give most of the credit to Candor.  Townes is still so obsessed with Candor so whatever he does, Townes will do it 5 seconds later.  Other than peeing on the potty, talking, and ditching the bottle Candor has also taught Townes how to....

Hold onto the rails when you get into an elevator.  This might not seem very important to you but it is very very important to them that they and you do this.


Drive trains on the train track without totally destroying the track.  This is definitely a work in progress for Townes man but he is getting there.



Dip everything in ketchup....and I mean EVERYTHING.


Roll cars around and around and around and around the couches.  I believe when Candor was 2 maybe 3 we had what Todd and I called the Thanksgiving 500 with Candor.  That meant that Todd and I made at the very least 500 laps with Candor that Thanksgiving break racing his cars around.  I'm seeing another Thanksgiving 500 in my very near future.


Candor has also taught Townes a handful (more like 100) of not so great things but we will not talk about those and you can look at these two adorable little best friends instead.


Other than growing up fast - Townes also had a lot of fun this month!

He went to vote for the very first time.  We didn't actually end up voting that day because the line was going to take 45 minutes and the boys couldn't hang but he did have fun while we were there.


He went to the Thinkery a few times.  Doesn't he  look like a little cherub angel in this pic?!


FaceTimed Navy.  He get SOOOO excited when I ask if he wants to call her.  It is so cute.


He has dumped a few plates of food over his head.  This night in particular it was eggs.  


We went to story time at the downtown library.  Neither one actually had the patience in them that day to make it through a single story or song but we did go!



The library is right by Todd's office so we met him for a little lunchtime play session.  All in all it was a successful story time trip in my book.  Ha!


He is still loving the play dough.  He also still loves to put play dough in his mouth.  Eh...I guess he cannot be entirely perfect.


And finally he is still loving him some vehicles.




Later 18th month.  19th month we are speedily cruising to you!



































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

23 Months! (Townes)

My little man is now 23 months old! He is so happy, sweet and funny!  His days are spent laughing and smiling...with only a few tears thrown in there every once in awhile. His new favorite loves this month are dandelions and helping me do things. Townes can spot a dandelion from a mile away and insists on grabbing every single one of them. He also insists on helping me do everything.  Some things take a bit longer to do with Townes helping but I'll take them taking out the trash everyday! His favorite foods is still tacos.  He gets fired up anytime we mention tacos and starts chanting....'TACOS! TACOS!'. He loves soccer balls.  One day he had a fit to try on one of Candor's soccer uniforms.  I have never in my life seen anyone so proud.  He was glowing and thought he was so cool like his big bro. Todd ordered them both a new Liverpool kit which was also Townes first soccer kit of...

Frankenstein

Candor and I did our first craft project.  There were no fights and it 'kind of' looks like Frankenstein so I give it an A+!

2018 Valentines

Townes and Candor had an awesome Valentines this year. In early February Candor and Townes made some sweet little Valentines for some of their friends. Candor then had his Valentines Day Sock Hop at his preschool.  A few hours before the dance I remembered I had signed up to bring cookies so we raced to the IGA and picked up our 'homemade' cookies! We then started getting ready for the big dance.  Once we got to the dance we headed straight to the photo booth.  Candor loved posing with all his friends and we could barely drag him away. Candor then headed for the dance floor.  He danced, played limbo, and ran around like crazy.  All the kids had so much fun. On the morning of Valentines Candor and Townes 'raced' downstairs to see what they got. Candor then got dressed and headed to school with the Valentines for his friends and Ms. Suzi's gift. Candor insisted that we bring Ms. Suzi some chocolate c...