Skip to main content

Graduation!

Ya'll....Townes graduated from his helmet!!!  I am so happy to finally be able to kiss his little head every single second of the day without that helmet getting in my way.

On December 8 we went to the the doctor to do another assessment.  He was either going to graduate or have to get a second helmet and wear it for 3 more months.  Eeeek.  I thought his head looked very good going into the appointment but didn't want to get my hopes up and then have them crushed.  Well...after the assessment our therapist came in and told us that his head looked awesome and a second helmet was not recommended.  I literally almost cried.  She then gave Townes his graduation certificate and we jetted out of there and will never have to go back!  Woooohoooo!!!

Candor asked if Townes' graduation certificate was for him as well.  I said heck yes, it is for all of us!  Townes wore it, Candor went with us to every single appointment, and Todd and I scrubbed the darn thing every night.  We all deserve this certificate!

Townes looks less than impressed in the below picture.  I assume he didn't quite understand what our therapist just told us!

Check out the before helmet/after helmet photos.  I am so happy with the results.  





That night we went to Maudies and celebrated.  Townes was so happy during dinner.  I think he felt free!




His head looks amazing and I really am happy we decided to go down the helmet route. It was the longest yet shortest 8 weeks!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

23 Months! (Townes)

My little man is now 23 months old! He is so happy, sweet and funny!  His days are spent laughing and smiling...with only a few tears thrown in there every once in awhile. His new favorite loves this month are dandelions and helping me do things. Townes can spot a dandelion from a mile away and insists on grabbing every single one of them. He also insists on helping me do everything.  Some things take a bit longer to do with Townes helping but I'll take them taking out the trash everyday! His favorite foods is still tacos.  He gets fired up anytime we mention tacos and starts chanting....'TACOS! TACOS!'. He loves soccer balls.  One day he had a fit to try on one of Candor's soccer uniforms.  I have never in my life seen anyone so proud.  He was glowing and thought he was so cool like his big bro. Todd ordered them both a new Liverpool kit which was also Townes first soccer kit of...

Frankenstein

Candor and I did our first craft project.  There were no fights and it 'kind of' looks like Frankenstein so I give it an A+!

2018 Valentines

Townes and Candor had an awesome Valentines this year. In early February Candor and Townes made some sweet little Valentines for some of their friends. Candor then had his Valentines Day Sock Hop at his preschool.  A few hours before the dance I remembered I had signed up to bring cookies so we raced to the IGA and picked up our 'homemade' cookies! We then started getting ready for the big dance.  Once we got to the dance we headed straight to the photo booth.  Candor loved posing with all his friends and we could barely drag him away. Candor then headed for the dance floor.  He danced, played limbo, and ran around like crazy.  All the kids had so much fun. On the morning of Valentines Candor and Townes 'raced' downstairs to see what they got. Candor then got dressed and headed to school with the Valentines for his friends and Ms. Suzi's gift. Candor insisted that we bring Ms. Suzi some chocolate c...