Skip to main content

2017 Thanksgiving with a Side of South Padre (Trip 2)

We had an amazing Thanksgiving this year!  We started off the festivities with a Thanksgiving feast at Candor's school.  They made the cutest little turkey hats and they all wore them during the feast.


After eating we all sat around and played under the big tree.



Townes is a flipping hit with the ladies at scool.  Instead of playing they usually just come and sit by him.  They all talk, giggle, and hug him.  He LOVES the attention.



The weekend before Thanksgiving Nana and Pop Pop came to Austin and we had an early Thanksgiving.

This is the best picture we got of Candor with Nana and Pop Pop.  He was too busy playing to sit still.



We then hit the road to South Padre Island for the week of Thanksgiving.  Candor had so much fun at 'his' condo over 4th of July that we had to go again.  

Loaded up and leaving Austin!


Candor and Townes were awesome little travelers.



As soon as we arrived we checked into our condo and off to dinner we went.  Yep...Candor is pretty much just drinking the ketchup from the little ramekin.  Jeez.


The next day and the following days after we swam at the pool, played on the beach, ate, and just hung out.







 


Candor made a garage for his cars in the bathroom shelf.


Townes loved the pool this trip.  


I have no clue what is happening in this picture nor do I want to know.



Candor's best bud Jake and his family were also in South Padre for the week.  We would meet them every afternoon at the beach and the kids would play and play.  I have never seen Candor have so much fun.






Candor watched Star Wars with Todd for the very first time and he loved it.  Todd was soooo excited about this and they have since watched it many more times.



We brought the pack-n-play for Townes to sleep in but every night we all ended up in the same bed.  Townes seems to love to sleep with us like Candor.  We must be really fun to be around.


On Thanksgiving morning we watched the Macy's Thanksgiving parade.  Chase made his debut in the parade and Candor was pumped!



Below are some of the awesome things Candor had to say said during the trip.
  • On our first morning waking up in South Padre Candor jumped out of bed, tore off his pj's, and started screaming,  "I WANT TO GO PLAY IN THE BIG SANDBOX (the beach)!".  
  • One night in the shower he looked down at his belly and said, "Man my belly is huge.  I think there is a baby in there.".
  • After Star Wars he kept referring to C-3PO as 3PPO
  • Every night he would get really upset and say, "I don't want it to get dark.".
  • The first night we went swimming after the sun went down and he kept saying, "Night swimming is so coooool.".
  • There were some people laying out by the pool and Candor looked at me and said, "They are doing something really weird.".  I suppose he's never seen anyone sun bathing and had no idea why someone would just be laying there.
  • He pointed to the space between his front to teeth and told said, "I'm missing one of my teeth.".
  • He asked me,  "Why does my penis leak?".  I told him to ask his daddy.
We had the best time.  On the morning we left Candor cried and cried saying he didn't want to go home.  I think heading to South Padre Island might just end up being our family Thanksgiving tradition.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

23 Months! (Townes)

My little man is now 23 months old! He is so happy, sweet and funny!  His days are spent laughing and smiling...with only a few tears thrown in there every once in awhile. His new favorite loves this month are dandelions and helping me do things. Townes can spot a dandelion from a mile away and insists on grabbing every single one of them. He also insists on helping me do everything.  Some things take a bit longer to do with Townes helping but I'll take them taking out the trash everyday! His favorite foods is still tacos.  He gets fired up anytime we mention tacos and starts chanting....'TACOS! TACOS!'. He loves soccer balls.  One day he had a fit to try on one of Candor's soccer uniforms.  I have never in my life seen anyone so proud.  He was glowing and thought he was so cool like his big bro. Todd ordered them both a new Liverpool kit which was also Townes first soccer kit of...

Frankenstein

Candor and I did our first craft project.  There were no fights and it 'kind of' looks like Frankenstein so I give it an A+!

2018 Valentines

Townes and Candor had an awesome Valentines this year. In early February Candor and Townes made some sweet little Valentines for some of their friends. Candor then had his Valentines Day Sock Hop at his preschool.  A few hours before the dance I remembered I had signed up to bring cookies so we raced to the IGA and picked up our 'homemade' cookies! We then started getting ready for the big dance.  Once we got to the dance we headed straight to the photo booth.  Candor loved posing with all his friends and we could barely drag him away. Candor then headed for the dance floor.  He danced, played limbo, and ran around like crazy.  All the kids had so much fun. On the morning of Valentines Candor and Townes 'raced' downstairs to see what they got. Candor then got dressed and headed to school with the Valentines for his friends and Ms. Suzi's gift. Candor insisted that we bring Ms. Suzi some chocolate c...