My baby is now 60 months old. 5 YEARS OLD!?!? What the heck?!?! It was such a milestone we all needed in the pics!
It is hard to believe that Candor is now 5. He is not a baby, he is not a toddler, he is officially a full blown kid! Besides turning 5, this month Candor also learned how to ride his bike without training wheels!! I mean wow. What a great month! The bike Santa brought him for Christmas was just too big. Some of our friends in the neighborhood had bought their kids a Woom bike and stated that their kids just instantly picked it up and started riding. Well it was true. Todd and Candor went one late afternoon and bought it. The next morning Candor and I went outside and I swear to you in 30 seconds he was off riding it on his own. I have never seen this kid more proud of himself in my life.
He has since rode all over town.
We even went to the 9th Street BMX Park and Candor crushed all the jumps. I cannot believe it. Unfortunately, this is the only picture I got. He is way in the back cruising over a jump!
The remainder of the month we mainly focused on his big birthday party which will you read about in another blog. Candor was so excited for his actual birthday that he could hardly get to sleep the night before. Below is the last picture ever of Candor as a 4 year old. Sigh...
The morning of his birthday I had everything decorated. I, of course, had the table all set up.
I even decorated the driveway!
I had also decorated his chalkboard wall a few days prior. He was sooooo proud of this!
For weeks Candor had been telling me that on his birthday morning he wanted everyone to hide and surprise him when he walked out of the room. Well as soon as we heard him stirring Todd and I raced and hid and yelled SURPRISE when he walked out. He had a couple of small presents that he opened up first. I then decided it would be cute to do a little scavenger hunt to lead him to his big present. His last little present to open at the table included his first clue.
He then found his second clue on the mailbox.
He then ran to our guest bathroom.
Then back outside.
Then to the fridge.
Finally, out on the deck was his present!
Todd and I went in with Nana and Pop Pop and bought him the Hot Wheels Super Ultimate Garage. He had been talking about this for months and months. This thing is HUGE. I mean, I thought Townes' toy kitchen was big but it has nothing on this thing. I had no idea until I started putting it together. Candor loved the scavenger hunt and loved the Ultimate Garage but I noticed he was not extremely surprised. Come to find out he had seen the instructions to it a few days earlier. He told Todd but didn't tell me until later that day on his birthday. I was pretty bummed but happy this did not happen with a Santa present. That would have devastated me. I will be super careful going forward!
The boys played with it all morning until it was time to go to school.
Candor was super excited to wear his new 5 shirt to school.
On the boys' birthday night we always let them pick where they want to eat supper. Candor decided he wanted to get Little Deli but bring it home to eat. I'm pretty sure he wanted to stay super close to his new toys!
We ended the big day with birthday cupcakes.
Earlier in the month we told Candor that after his birthday we would take him on a Mommy/Candor/Daddy date and he could have a shopping spree with his birthday money that he would get from G and Pa Pa. He was so excited about this especially because we were going without his brother! Ha. On the day of his date night Candor, Townes and I had an early supper at P. Terry's.
I then put Townes to bed, Marilyn came over to babysit and we headed out on our date!
Candor had soooo much fun. He told us on the way that we were not allowed to look at any grownup stuff. Our first stop was Target.
Once he picked out all his toys he said he was ready to checkout and he wanted to do the self checkout. He did it all himself. You can see his cute little wallet that G & Pa Pa gave him with his money hanging from his neck.
He then wanted to make one more stop at Wal-Mart before we headed home.
We didn't get home until a little after 9 and he was absolutely delirious but oh so happy.
It was the perfect ending to the perfect birthday for the perfect 5 year old.






























Comments
Post a Comment