Skip to main content

So Long 2018!

Our New Year's Eve was pretty low key this year as is every year.  Todd worked most of the day and Candor, Townes and I went to the park with Jake and Ellie to ride scooters.

Over breakfast I explained to the boys that this was the last day of 2018 and tomorrow would be 2019.  I also told them that lots of people make resolutions that they would like to keep in the new year.  I told Candor that my New Year's resolution was to be the best mommy in the world.  Candor told me that that was silly that I was already the best mommy in the world.  Could this kid get any sweeter?!  I asked Candor what his resolution was and he said he didn't have any.

At around 3 we headed to Todd's office as we were going to attend Austin's New Year Celebration at Auditorium Shores.  When we got to Todd's office Candor played some ping pong with Todd's work buddy Drew.  He had so much fun and was so tickled every-time he hit the ball.


We then headed out to go to the celebration.  How cute are these three walking together?!


There was music, kid rides, a few activities, and food.  It was a great way to end the year.





On our way out we passed a little booth where you could write your resolution and then hang it.  Candor must have been thinking about what his resolution could be all day and was very excited to do this.


Drum roll........ His resolution for 2019 is to play more with mommy and daddy!


Here is our view on the way home.  It was like 2018 decided it would go out with the most beautiful sky ever!


After we put the boys to bed Todd and I made a pallet on the floor, ate fried chicken and watched the New Year's Eve countdown shows.  We didn't even make it till midnight.  We are such party animals!!


So long 2018!  Hello 2019!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

23 Months! (Townes)

My little man is now 23 months old! He is so happy, sweet and funny!  His days are spent laughing and smiling...with only a few tears thrown in there every once in awhile. His new favorite loves this month are dandelions and helping me do things. Townes can spot a dandelion from a mile away and insists on grabbing every single one of them. He also insists on helping me do everything.  Some things take a bit longer to do with Townes helping but I'll take them taking out the trash everyday! His favorite foods is still tacos.  He gets fired up anytime we mention tacos and starts chanting....'TACOS! TACOS!'. He loves soccer balls.  One day he had a fit to try on one of Candor's soccer uniforms.  I have never in my life seen anyone so proud.  He was glowing and thought he was so cool like his big bro. Todd ordered them both a new Liverpool kit which was also Townes first soccer kit of...

Frankenstein

Candor and I did our first craft project.  There were no fights and it 'kind of' looks like Frankenstein so I give it an A+!

2018 Valentines

Townes and Candor had an awesome Valentines this year. In early February Candor and Townes made some sweet little Valentines for some of their friends. Candor then had his Valentines Day Sock Hop at his preschool.  A few hours before the dance I remembered I had signed up to bring cookies so we raced to the IGA and picked up our 'homemade' cookies! We then started getting ready for the big dance.  Once we got to the dance we headed straight to the photo booth.  Candor loved posing with all his friends and we could barely drag him away. Candor then headed for the dance floor.  He danced, played limbo, and ran around like crazy.  All the kids had so much fun. On the morning of Valentines Candor and Townes 'raced' downstairs to see what they got. Candor then got dressed and headed to school with the Valentines for his friends and Ms. Suzi's gift. Candor insisted that we bring Ms. Suzi some chocolate c...