My dear sweet beautiful baby boy. Today you turned 1! We had a wonderful day celebrating you. Candor and I woke you up around 7:30 singing you Happy Birthday! You were so happy to see us.
After breakfast (milk and a waffle) we dropped Candor off at school and then I got to spend the next few hours with just you! We did some shopping for your upcoming birthday party and then sat around and played with your toys.
After your nap we picked Candor up from school and headed downtown to meet daddy for your birthday dinner at Maudies. You had a blast.
I love this picture. You have the sweetest look of love for your daddy here.
I also love this picture as this is what 90% of our photos look like...utter chaos. The moment before I clicked the photo you are grabbing daddy's glasses and Candor is jumping on the table.
After we finished our food we all sang you Happy Birthday and you ate your cup cake. Well, you sort of did. You had a few nibbles and then you were done.
Thank you so much for celebrating your day with us. The past year has been amazing. Those early months seemed endless but now I cannot seem to keep life from flying by. All I want is for time to stop so I can keep you my sweet little baby forever.
A few things about you...
- You are the most beautiful little thing. You have the best eye lashes and smile known to man. You hair also has the cutest little curly wisps.
- You can say momma, dada, and uh oh. You mainly say dada and it drives me bananas because all I want you to say is momma!!
- You love to wave, blow kisses, clap your hands, and play peek-a-boo.
- You can crawl faster than most people can walk. You can also stand on your own and you are trying your best to take a few steps.
- Your two favorite songs are "If You're Happy and You Know It" and "Skip to My Lou". Every time we begin singing "If You're Happy.." you immediately start clapping your hands and smiling. Whenever you are upset we all sing 'Skip to my Lou' and you calm down.
- You make a pooting sound (I don't know another way to describe it) with your mouth ALL THE TIME. You think it is the funniest sound. I call it your love language.
- You are an absolute master at your walker. You can go anywhere you want with it and maneuver around anything.
- Your favorite toys to play with are a little plastic wolf (in the 3rd picture from the top), balls, and any toy that Candor is playing with...which is usually cars.
- You are obsessed with riding around the neighborhood in your little orange McLaren push car.
- When we go to the park your favorite things to do are swing and play in the sandbox.
- You love life and being in the action. I'm so happy about that because no one in this family likes to sit still for very long.
- You are an amazing sleeper. You had a few rough months of not sleeping unless you were being held but now are the best. We rock you to sleep every night and you are asleep by 7. You then do not wake up again until anytime between 7:00 -8:30 the next morning.
- You love laughing whether it be at me, daddy, or Candor.
- Your favorite person is Candor with me and your daddy coming in a close second. Daddy and I always say we are jealous of the love you have for Candor.
- You love bath time.
- You have 5 teeth and the 6th one will be popping out any second.
- You would much rather sit at yours and Candor's little table than in your high chair.
- You love to climb on everything and rough house with daddy and Candor...especially on the couch or the big bed.
When you get older I think you will be a professional baseball pitcher. As I mentioned above you love balls and you can currently throw one farther than a 14 year old!
I asked several of your closest friends and family their thoughts on what you be when you grow up and this is what they said.
I asked several of your closest friends and family their thoughts on what you be when you grow up and this is what they said.
- Daddy: "An engineer."
- Candor: "A firefighter with a fire dog named Sparky."
- Pop Pop: "A financial adviser and a chef."
- Nana: "A world renowned physician in pediatric child care OR a famous actor because you have the most beautiful eyes and eye lashes."
- G: "You will own your own business. You will first be a fireman and then a police officer and then work in construction with Candor. You and Candor will be co-owners."
- PaPa: You will grow up to be a successful, intelligent and decent man.
- AK: "A soap opera star because you are dreamy, but a heartbreaker. You break my heart when you only want Pop Pop."
- AB: "An NFL football player or own your own construction company."
- AJ: "You will grow up to be a gentle loving man who enjoys life and family. You may even become a chef of famous restaurants."
- Aunt Molly: "An airplane pilot."
- Uncle Travis: "A song writer."








Comments
Post a Comment