Skip to main content

South Padre....Again (Trip 3)

We decided to take another trip to South Padre for Spring Break...well it was actually a week or two after spring break because two 'old' parents, a 3 year old, and an almost one year old do not belong on a beach with hundreds upon hundreds of college kids.

Man, sometimes I cannot believe I'm almost 40 and have two babies.  Most days I still think I'm in my early 20's but then my body creaks when getting out of bed and then I look in the mirror and see a tired middle aged gal with sleepy eyes and the start of dare I say WRINKLES?!?!   Let me tell you my anti-wrinkle cream budget has went up over the past couple of months.

 I digress...

Once we decided we were going to go to South Padre we booked our same condo.  We can never go to South Padre and not stay in our condo with the Dory Room!  Candor was pumped and talked about everything he was going to pack for weeks leading up to the trip.  His list consisted of hot wheels, beach toys, the beach wagon, and his snacks!

That morning we loaded up and off we went!  I cannot believe I cut off Townes' cute little mug!


 Once we arrived Candor immediately put on his swim suit and hit the pool.


The rest of the week we did what we normally do there...beach, swimming pool, eating, and playing!



 


We baked cookies one night and Candor wanted to bake them in the shape of a fire truck.  Looks like one, right?!


They liked watching our firetruck cookies bake and expand.


They loved going from room to room messing around.




Morning round of playing with trucks before we hit the beach.



Townes loved the swimming pool as well.

 



Candor figured out he could squirt his own ketchup in his ketchup bowl.  He was super excited to put as much ketchup in the bowl as he wanted.  It's the little things...




We only brought the single stroller because Candor usually just wants to walk.  One afternoon he got a bit tired and he rode like this on the way home from lunch. Creative to say the least.


Everyone had a blast playing at the beach.  This is the first time that Townes has been old enough to play in the sand.  He loved it and thought he was a big boy.



 Candor wanted to get buried in the sand for the first time.  He thought it was so cool.




It was once again a perfect trip.  It is just so great to be able to relax and spend some time as a family without the busyness everyday life.

Until next time....




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

23 Months! (Townes)

My little man is now 23 months old! He is so happy, sweet and funny!  His days are spent laughing and smiling...with only a few tears thrown in there every once in awhile. His new favorite loves this month are dandelions and helping me do things. Townes can spot a dandelion from a mile away and insists on grabbing every single one of them. He also insists on helping me do everything.  Some things take a bit longer to do with Townes helping but I'll take them taking out the trash everyday! His favorite foods is still tacos.  He gets fired up anytime we mention tacos and starts chanting....'TACOS! TACOS!'. He loves soccer balls.  One day he had a fit to try on one of Candor's soccer uniforms.  I have never in my life seen anyone so proud.  He was glowing and thought he was so cool like his big bro. Todd ordered them both a new Liverpool kit which was also Townes first soccer kit of...

Frankenstein

Candor and I did our first craft project.  There were no fights and it 'kind of' looks like Frankenstein so I give it an A+!

2018 Valentines

Townes and Candor had an awesome Valentines this year. In early February Candor and Townes made some sweet little Valentines for some of their friends. Candor then had his Valentines Day Sock Hop at his preschool.  A few hours before the dance I remembered I had signed up to bring cookies so we raced to the IGA and picked up our 'homemade' cookies! We then started getting ready for the big dance.  Once we got to the dance we headed straight to the photo booth.  Candor loved posing with all his friends and we could barely drag him away. Candor then headed for the dance floor.  He danced, played limbo, and ran around like crazy.  All the kids had so much fun. On the morning of Valentines Candor and Townes 'raced' downstairs to see what they got. Candor then got dressed and headed to school with the Valentines for his friends and Ms. Suzi's gift. Candor insisted that we bring Ms. Suzi some chocolate c...