Skip to main content

Will you be mine?

Nana, Poppy, G, & PaPa had not been to visit since Christmas.  They all were itching to see Candor so they all decided to come on Valentines week!

Nana and Poppy came on Tuesday - Friday.  

On Tuesday night we all walked to our church for a pancake supper.  After the supper Nana and I went to a card making class and the boys came home and did the bedtime routine.

On Wednesday we went to swim and then we went to the trail and fed the ducks.  Candor loves looking at the ducks and feeding them bread.

That night Nana and Poppy watched Candor while Todd and I went to a movie.  

Playing with bubbles.

Dinner at the Little Deli.

Nana reading to Candor before tucking him in for the night.

After the movie Nana and I made all of Candor's Valentines treat bags for school the next day!  We had Monster Truck Valentines Day cards with cookies.

At some point during the night Candor woke up coughing, nose running, and throwing up.  Since he was not feeling well he had to stay home from school.  Nana and I went and dropped off his Valentines and picked up his bag.  Out of all the Valentines he got he loved the ones he gave out the best since they had trucks on them!

By Friday Candor was still sick so off to the doctor we went.  He once again had croup.  Dr. D. said for him to stay indoors the rest of the weekend.  

G & PaPa arrived Friday afternoon and were so sweet to Candor all weekend.  They made the most of having to be inside.

Waiting on G & PaPa!


Watching movies with G.

Even though Candor had croup that wasn't going to stop him from rough-housing with PaPa!


On Sunday I ran the Austin Half Marathon.  It was fun and my goal was to finish and not come in last.  Success!

For Valentines Day Todd and I got Candor a.....wait for it....a TRUCK!  He was in Heaven.

Overall it was a perfect Valentines week sickness and all!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

23 Months! (Townes)

My little man is now 23 months old! He is so happy, sweet and funny!  His days are spent laughing and smiling...with only a few tears thrown in there every once in awhile. His new favorite loves this month are dandelions and helping me do things. Townes can spot a dandelion from a mile away and insists on grabbing every single one of them. He also insists on helping me do everything.  Some things take a bit longer to do with Townes helping but I'll take them taking out the trash everyday! His favorite foods is still tacos.  He gets fired up anytime we mention tacos and starts chanting....'TACOS! TACOS!'. He loves soccer balls.  One day he had a fit to try on one of Candor's soccer uniforms.  I have never in my life seen anyone so proud.  He was glowing and thought he was so cool like his big bro. Todd ordered them both a new Liverpool kit which was also Townes first soccer kit of...

Frankenstein

Candor and I did our first craft project.  There were no fights and it 'kind of' looks like Frankenstein so I give it an A+!

2018 Valentines

Townes and Candor had an awesome Valentines this year. In early February Candor and Townes made some sweet little Valentines for some of their friends. Candor then had his Valentines Day Sock Hop at his preschool.  A few hours before the dance I remembered I had signed up to bring cookies so we raced to the IGA and picked up our 'homemade' cookies! We then started getting ready for the big dance.  Once we got to the dance we headed straight to the photo booth.  Candor loved posing with all his friends and we could barely drag him away. Candor then headed for the dance floor.  He danced, played limbo, and ran around like crazy.  All the kids had so much fun. On the morning of Valentines Candor and Townes 'raced' downstairs to see what they got. Candor then got dressed and headed to school with the Valentines for his friends and Ms. Suzi's gift. Candor insisted that we bring Ms. Suzi some chocolate c...