On Thursday Candor's school had a family Thanksgiving feast. Todd and I went and it was so much fun.
Here are the things we learned about Candor from Ms. Maggie and Ms. Lauris.
- Candor has two nicknames. The first one is 'Wild Man'. The second one is 'Zombie Dentist'. Zombie comes from his Halloween costume and for the fact that he walks around going "ahhhhhhhh" (say that out loud in your best zombie voice - that is what he sounds like). They added Dentist to the end of Zombie because they said he looks like a much cuter version of Hermey the Dentist from Rudolph the Red nose reindeer. They said his cherub cheeks, pretty eyes, and hair reminded him of Hermey. I had to google Hermey as I had no idea who he was. I suppose these nicknames are better than rock eater and spider monkey which were two of his friends nicknames.
Hermey the Dentist:
- Candor has really bonded with Miles. I believe I have mentioned Miles before but I found out more info. He is one of the older kids in the class. I'm assuming around 2ish. When Miles comes to class Candor follows Miles everywhere and does everything Miles does. Unfortunately Miles was not at school on Thursday so I did not get to meet him at the lunch. Hopefully I will sneak a peek of him soon.
- Candor and the other two boys in the class have discovered that they can tear Ms. Maggies bulletin board paper off the wall. The sweet girls in the class have no part in this destruction.
- Candor eats his snack at the table but him and the other two boys still eat their lunch in highchairs.
- Ms. Maggie rocks Candor to sleep before nap time everyday. Ms. Maggie also simultaneously rocks Birdie and pushes the other two boys in the stroller. I asked Ms. Maggie how she pulled this off. She said that she first picks up Candor and he sits on one side of her lap facing toward her. Birdie then sits on the other side of her lap and faces frontward. Candor is always picked up first and gets situated on his side as he doesn't like it if Birdie's leg touches his leg. Once Birdie and Candor are asleep Ms. Lauris gets Birdie and places her on her mat. They said once Birdie falls asleep she is fast asleep. Candor on the other hand is a light sleeper. Once Birdie is off Ms. Maggie's lap she either keeps rocking with Candor or creeps like a ninja over to his mat and tries to put him down.
- One other thing we actually witnessed by peeking into his room is that before lunch Ms. Maggie puts a sheet over the toys as after lunch it is nap time and she does not want them distracted from their nap by all the toys. Well Ms. Maggie put the sheet over the toys but before she could get all the kids out of the room Candor was already pulling the sheet off as I suppose he was not done playing. At lunch I did ask Ms. Maggie and Ms. Lauris if Candor was bad or if he was just a normal boy. They assured me he was just a normal little boy and they found him quite hilarious. We could see during lunch that Candor is pretty smitten with them as well.
Candor enjoying his lunch.:







Comments
Post a Comment