Skip to main content

Candor's First Trip to Louisiana

I have been dying to take Candor to Louisiana but I've been scared due to the long drive as Candor is not the greatest in the car.  He's not bad on short trips but 7 hours is a bit much for him....frankly it is a bit much for me too.

I finally decided to bite the bullet and just do it.  Fortunately the week we planned to go Todd unexpectedly had to go to Houston for work so on Thursday (October 15) after MDO Candor and I drove to Houston and crashed in the hotel room with Todd.  This was Candor's first time to stay in a hotel.  He loved exploring every crack and crevice of the room.  His favorite two things to do were to remove all the tissue out of the container over and over and over and to put his face by the air conditioner and let his hair blow in the wind.  I was a little concerned about getting Candor to sleep without a rocking chair and his crib to sleep in but it actually worked out amazingly.  We gave Candor his nightly bottle and Todd held him until he went to sleep.  It was the best night sleep I think I have gotten in a year.

Candor drinking his bottle before bed:


On Friday Candor and I drove to Vidor.  My sweet Uncle Max passed away so we met my family after the funeral at my Aunt Nancy and Uncle Max's church for lunch.

After lunch Nana got in the car with Candor and I and we followed Poppy to Alexandria.  GUB had to be admitted in the hospital due to his heart so Nana and I went to visit him and Aunt Joy in the hospital and Poppy took Candor to the playground at the mall.

Candor and Poppy playing at the mall:






We were exhausted by the time we finally made it to Urania that night.

Candor and I were staying in Louisiana all week and boy did we make the most of it.  There was not a dull moment.

Downtown Olla Homecoming (This is the only pic we took at Homecoming.  Candor did not feel well at all so we didn't get to stay long.):


Feeding the ducks and playing at the Urania Park:







Pumpkin Patch in Columbia (He didn't really care for the pumpkins...the little red wagon on the other hand he couldn't keep his grubby paws off of.:











Eating at AB's favorite place....Johnny's Pizza:



Crushing Cans:




Carving Pumpkins:





Growing a few new teeth (excuse his crusty nose):


Hanging out at the Olla Fair:



Nana and Poppy obviously do not have a high chair at their house so there was lots of eating on the floor and on the table.







Lots of baths:







Todd flew in on Thursday so he got to join in on the fun for a couple of days too!

Visiting GUB and AJ:


Trip to the Corley Farm:








Eating at the Burger Barn:



Playing at the Olla Walking Trail:



More duck feeding:



It was an amazing week.  We got to visit lots of friends I have not seen in a long time and spent lots of quality time with Nana and Poppy.  It was wonderful having Candor in Urania.  I cannot wait to go back!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

23 Months! (Townes)

My little man is now 23 months old! He is so happy, sweet and funny!  His days are spent laughing and smiling...with only a few tears thrown in there every once in awhile. His new favorite loves this month are dandelions and helping me do things. Townes can spot a dandelion from a mile away and insists on grabbing every single one of them. He also insists on helping me do everything.  Some things take a bit longer to do with Townes helping but I'll take them taking out the trash everyday! His favorite foods is still tacos.  He gets fired up anytime we mention tacos and starts chanting....'TACOS! TACOS!'. He loves soccer balls.  One day he had a fit to try on one of Candor's soccer uniforms.  I have never in my life seen anyone so proud.  He was glowing and thought he was so cool like his big bro. Todd ordered them both a new Liverpool kit which was also Townes first soccer kit of...

15 Months! (Candor)

Candor man is now 15 Months old!  He is a bundle of energy and never stops.  He has two speeds... 0mph (asleep) and 100mph (ALL other times). He has become a super funny little guy.  On the daily information sheets I get after school silly is always circled.  Mrs. Maggie and Mrs. Lauris says he really cuts up during nap time.  When everyone is 'suppose' to be napping Candor will get off his mat,  go over to the ladies (the little girls in the class),  squat down, and whisper "hey hey" so they will get up and play with him.  This Tuesday there was a new little friend in class named Miles.  Mrs. Maggie and Mrs. Lauris said that Miles and Candor did downward dog and giggled at each other all during nap time. His teachers think he is hilarious now but I bet the older he gets the less funny he will be.  He better enjoy it now!

Those Cheeks!

We went to Maria's Taco Express for breakfast today....at noon. Late start to the day. Candor was cutting up a bit in his car seat so Todd picked him up. After a few minutes of laughing he passed out on Todd's shoulder.