This past week was one of the craziest weeks we have had in a long time. Here is how it all went down..
Monday: Last week we decided to put our house on the market the following Tuesday. So Monday we finalized all paperwork and got our house in tip top shape for potential buyers to come and view.
Tuesday: Around 6AM our house went on the market. Once we saw the listing Todd and I began freaking out thinking we had priced the house too low. We then began blowing up Uncle Tio Arby's phone and told him we wanted to up the price by 30k. Who does this?!?! By 7AM the price was changed. Tuesday afternoon we received our first call from a realtor stating that they had a client that wanted to come view the home on Sunday.
It was also Quarterly Suit Up Day at HP so Todd got all snazzy for work.
Wednesday: At 11 Candor and I attended swim lessons. Candor went under water for 1 second!! He looked super confused afterwards but he did not cry or cough. Ms. Amanda said he did great and next week he will go under for 2 seconds.
As soon as we arrived home from swim lessons - I received a phone call from another realtor stating that they had a client that wanted to come view the house at 6:30PM that night. Around 3:00 that afternoon I was upstairs feeding Candor when all of a sudden the front door opened! It was another realtor who just happened to show up without calling! Her clients were a sweet older couple. I'm sure I looked like a mad woman trying to scurry out of the house. Thank goodness I had sweet Candor on my hip as they couldn't quit talking about how cute he was. About 5 that afternoon Arby called and the sweet couple that came at 3 made an offer. Todd and I had no idea what to do! The offer was just a tad under asking price but the house had only been on the market for a day. Should we accept or do we wait until the weekend to see if we can get a bidding war going. We live on a very sought after street so a bidding war would have been a very good possibility. After much thought we decided to counter and ask for a bit over asking price. We also made an appointment with Arby for noon on Thursday to go view some houses in Crestview that we have had our eye on.
Thursday: We met Arby at noon and viewed two potential houses. As soon as we all split and went our separate directions Arby texted and our counter offer was accepted by the buyers so our house was now pending! We then decided to make an offer on one of the houses we had just viewed. After a few back and forths with the builder they accepted our offer that night!
Friday: We celebrated our crazy week with scallops, shrimp and salad. Candor also got to meet his cousin Tex (Aunt Molly's cat) and get a piggy back ride for the first time.
Saturday: We relaxed a bit and enjoyed the nice weather.
By Saturday night we all felt like this... What a week it has been.
Monday: Last week we decided to put our house on the market the following Tuesday. So Monday we finalized all paperwork and got our house in tip top shape for potential buyers to come and view.
Tuesday: Around 6AM our house went on the market. Once we saw the listing Todd and I began freaking out thinking we had priced the house too low. We then began blowing up Uncle Tio Arby's phone and told him we wanted to up the price by 30k. Who does this?!?! By 7AM the price was changed. Tuesday afternoon we received our first call from a realtor stating that they had a client that wanted to come view the home on Sunday.
It was also Quarterly Suit Up Day at HP so Todd got all snazzy for work.
As soon as we arrived home from swim lessons - I received a phone call from another realtor stating that they had a client that wanted to come view the house at 6:30PM that night. Around 3:00 that afternoon I was upstairs feeding Candor when all of a sudden the front door opened! It was another realtor who just happened to show up without calling! Her clients were a sweet older couple. I'm sure I looked like a mad woman trying to scurry out of the house. Thank goodness I had sweet Candor on my hip as they couldn't quit talking about how cute he was. About 5 that afternoon Arby called and the sweet couple that came at 3 made an offer. Todd and I had no idea what to do! The offer was just a tad under asking price but the house had only been on the market for a day. Should we accept or do we wait until the weekend to see if we can get a bidding war going. We live on a very sought after street so a bidding war would have been a very good possibility. After much thought we decided to counter and ask for a bit over asking price. We also made an appointment with Arby for noon on Thursday to go view some houses in Crestview that we have had our eye on.
Exhausted after swim:
Thursday: We met Arby at noon and viewed two potential houses. As soon as we all split and went our separate directions Arby texted and our counter offer was accepted by the buyers so our house was now pending! We then decided to make an offer on one of the houses we had just viewed. After a few back and forths with the builder they accepted our offer that night!
Our New House!:
I still cannot believe we sold a house and bought a house on the same flipping day!
If you look very close you can see Tex in Unlce T.'s arms.
Saturday: We relaxed a bit and enjoyed the nice weather.
By Saturday night we all felt like this... What a week it has been.












Comments
Post a Comment