Skip to main content

Austin Rodeo Carnival

Ya'll.....we went to the Austin Rodeo Carnival for the first time and I think I have never had so much fun in my life!  Who knew?!?!

A mom in my PIP group mentioned it awhile back and I forgot about it.  I randomly remembered about it last Saturday night around 9.  I then asked Todd if he wanted to skip church (FORGIVE US GOD!) and head to the Rodeo Carnival. He was totally in.

On our way I had little hope that Candor would be brave enough to ride any of the rides but boy was I wrong.  He rode everything that he was tall enough to ride.  Townes had a blast too and laughed and laughed at Candor on the rides.









Most of the rides Candor had to ride by himself but I did get to ride the below with him.  It went pretty high up in the air.  After the first spin he was so proud and said, "Mommy, I'm not afraid of heights anymore!!".  It was so sweet.


Candor got to pick up ducks.


Candor also had to use the porta potty for the first time.  He really really didn't want to go in it but he had no other choice.  He was pretty proud of himself when he was done.


Townes enjoyed his first taste of tornado chips.


We got to see lots of animals.  Townes loved looking at them all.


We even got to see little pigs race?!?!  Who knew that was even a thing.


It was literally the best unplanned day ever.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

23 Months! (Townes)

My little man is now 23 months old! He is so happy, sweet and funny!  His days are spent laughing and smiling...with only a few tears thrown in there every once in awhile. His new favorite loves this month are dandelions and helping me do things. Townes can spot a dandelion from a mile away and insists on grabbing every single one of them. He also insists on helping me do everything.  Some things take a bit longer to do with Townes helping but I'll take them taking out the trash everyday! His favorite foods is still tacos.  He gets fired up anytime we mention tacos and starts chanting....'TACOS! TACOS!'. He loves soccer balls.  One day he had a fit to try on one of Candor's soccer uniforms.  I have never in my life seen anyone so proud.  He was glowing and thought he was so cool like his big bro. Todd ordered them both a new Liverpool kit which was also Townes first soccer kit of...

Frankenstein

Candor and I did our first craft project.  There were no fights and it 'kind of' looks like Frankenstein so I give it an A+!

2018 Valentines

Townes and Candor had an awesome Valentines this year. In early February Candor and Townes made some sweet little Valentines for some of their friends. Candor then had his Valentines Day Sock Hop at his preschool.  A few hours before the dance I remembered I had signed up to bring cookies so we raced to the IGA and picked up our 'homemade' cookies! We then started getting ready for the big dance.  Once we got to the dance we headed straight to the photo booth.  Candor loved posing with all his friends and we could barely drag him away. Candor then headed for the dance floor.  He danced, played limbo, and ran around like crazy.  All the kids had so much fun. On the morning of Valentines Candor and Townes 'raced' downstairs to see what they got. Candor then got dressed and headed to school with the Valentines for his friends and Ms. Suzi's gift. Candor insisted that we bring Ms. Suzi some chocolate c...