Skip to main content

40 Months! (Candor)

My sweet partner in crime is now 40 months old!



He ran in his first race!  The Thinkery hosted their first annual Gingerbread Man 1K.  Candor had a blast.  He was very excited to receive his medal at the end and told me and everyone else that he won!  He might have been closer to last place but who cares!  He was a winner in my book.



We went and watched one of Todd's soccer games.  He wanted to play in the game so bad.  After watching about 30 minutes of the game he asked me if he could have a number on his jersey.  He said he wanted number 5 so I pulled out the duck tape and made him a number 5.  He then got up and started walking to the field and said he could get in the game since he had a number.  It was so stinking sweet and then sad when I crushed his dreams and told him he couldn't play.  Soon big boy, soon.



We went to A LOT of birthday parties.  



The picture below he was at his buddy Iris' party.  She had cookies with her picture on them and he could not get enough of them.  That night as I was putting him to bed he asked if he could have cookies with his picture on them for his birthday.  He then told me he didn't want to invite anyone so he could eat all of them himself.  He is so ridiculous! 


He got to watch our lawn people put a treatment on the yard.  He insisted Townes sit outside with him.  You can barely see Townes little toes on the other side of Candor.


He has sat at Townes' door many a time 'quietly' playing while I put Townes to sleep.


He got to go to Todd's going away HH.  Goodbye GM, Hello Balyasny.  I love the picture below with Todd, Candor and Townes.


He has had an absolute blast showing Townes the ropes in the big boy bath tub.


I have been taking the double-stroller to pick Candor up in the afternoons from school.  There is this cute little labyrinth trail on the way home that we walk in everyday. 


He has also, of course, had tons of play dates, played in the dirt, went on lots of hikes, and looked like a stud all month.





And finally he likes saying he is 'KING OF THE CASTLE!' and sitting in his throne (chair)!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

23 Months! (Townes)

My little man is now 23 months old! He is so happy, sweet and funny!  His days are spent laughing and smiling...with only a few tears thrown in there every once in awhile. His new favorite loves this month are dandelions and helping me do things. Townes can spot a dandelion from a mile away and insists on grabbing every single one of them. He also insists on helping me do everything.  Some things take a bit longer to do with Townes helping but I'll take them taking out the trash everyday! His favorite foods is still tacos.  He gets fired up anytime we mention tacos and starts chanting....'TACOS! TACOS!'. He loves soccer balls.  One day he had a fit to try on one of Candor's soccer uniforms.  I have never in my life seen anyone so proud.  He was glowing and thought he was so cool like his big bro. Todd ordered them both a new Liverpool kit which was also Townes first soccer kit of...

Frankenstein

Candor and I did our first craft project.  There were no fights and it 'kind of' looks like Frankenstein so I give it an A+!

2018 Valentines

Townes and Candor had an awesome Valentines this year. In early February Candor and Townes made some sweet little Valentines for some of their friends. Candor then had his Valentines Day Sock Hop at his preschool.  A few hours before the dance I remembered I had signed up to bring cookies so we raced to the IGA and picked up our 'homemade' cookies! We then started getting ready for the big dance.  Once we got to the dance we headed straight to the photo booth.  Candor loved posing with all his friends and we could barely drag him away. Candor then headed for the dance floor.  He danced, played limbo, and ran around like crazy.  All the kids had so much fun. On the morning of Valentines Candor and Townes 'raced' downstairs to see what they got. Candor then got dressed and headed to school with the Valentines for his friends and Ms. Suzi's gift. Candor insisted that we bring Ms. Suzi some chocolate c...