Skip to main content

When the cats away.....

"When the cats away the mice will play."  That is what I use to say Pre-Candor when Todd would leave town.  This pretty much meant I would sit on the couch and watch all the reality tv I wanted without any judgement.

Post-Candor my saying is "When the cats away the mice get sick!".

Todd left to go to DC a couple of weekends ago to visit Travis and Molly.  I had mine and Candor's time all planned out.  Friday Cynda (Candor's sitter) was coming and  Todd and I were heading to the opening of the Trail of Lights.  Saturday morning Todd was heading out so Candor and I were going to just hang around and then Saturday night Candor was going to Parent's Night Out for 4 hours.  Sunday we had church.  Monday we were hiking with Kristin and then on Tuesday Candor was going to school!

On Friday morning Candor woke up and was breathing so loud.  It was loud enough to really scare Todd and I.  We went to the doctor and Candor had croup.  Dr. D. prescribed Candor a steroid and said croup was highly contagious and he was to not be around any other kids for a couple of days. After coming home I had to cancel the sitter and Parent's Night Out.

Waiting on Dr. D.


On Monday afternoon Candor's eyes starting becoming red and had some leakage.  By Tuesday morning they were completely matted shut.  He had to miss school and back to the doctor we went. Candor now had double pink eye!  He was prescribed some drops and sent on his way back home.

The waiting room was packed.  Candor wanted to hang with the big boys and watch them play xbox.


By the time we picked up Todd that afternoon I started feeling bad.  By Friday I was feeling so bad I went in to the doctor.  I was diagnosed with a sinus infection and prescribed some medicine.

We all somehow survived the weekend and on Monday Candor was still not feeling great so we went back to the doctor.  This time he had a double ear infection and prescribed more meds!

Back in the waiting room.


What a disaster of the week.  Next time Todd wants to go somewhere I'm telling him HECK NO!  I can't take anymore sickness!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

23 Months! (Townes)

My little man is now 23 months old! He is so happy, sweet and funny!  His days are spent laughing and smiling...with only a few tears thrown in there every once in awhile. His new favorite loves this month are dandelions and helping me do things. Townes can spot a dandelion from a mile away and insists on grabbing every single one of them. He also insists on helping me do everything.  Some things take a bit longer to do with Townes helping but I'll take them taking out the trash everyday! His favorite foods is still tacos.  He gets fired up anytime we mention tacos and starts chanting....'TACOS! TACOS!'. He loves soccer balls.  One day he had a fit to try on one of Candor's soccer uniforms.  I have never in my life seen anyone so proud.  He was glowing and thought he was so cool like his big bro. Todd ordered them both a new Liverpool kit which was also Townes first soccer kit of...

Frankenstein

Candor and I did our first craft project.  There were no fights and it 'kind of' looks like Frankenstein so I give it an A+!

2018 Valentines

Townes and Candor had an awesome Valentines this year. In early February Candor and Townes made some sweet little Valentines for some of their friends. Candor then had his Valentines Day Sock Hop at his preschool.  A few hours before the dance I remembered I had signed up to bring cookies so we raced to the IGA and picked up our 'homemade' cookies! We then started getting ready for the big dance.  Once we got to the dance we headed straight to the photo booth.  Candor loved posing with all his friends and we could barely drag him away. Candor then headed for the dance floor.  He danced, played limbo, and ran around like crazy.  All the kids had so much fun. On the morning of Valentines Candor and Townes 'raced' downstairs to see what they got. Candor then got dressed and headed to school with the Valentines for his friends and Ms. Suzi's gift. Candor insisted that we bring Ms. Suzi some chocolate c...