Skip to main content

South Padre! (Trip 4)

Back in May (I'm so far behind on my blogs!) we took our 4th family trip to South Padre.  It was seriously the best one yet.  We rented a mini van this trip and it was so nice having all the extra room!  The boys were so excited for the trip and talked about it for weeks leading up to it.


We got about 5 minutes down the road and Candor begins asking if we are at the gas station with the toy cars.  He is referring to the Road Ranger that we always stop at and it is literally about 15 minutes to South Padre.  At that point I thought to myself that this was going to be a long trip.  The boys ended up doing really great and they were both super pumped 6 hours later when we finally arrived at the Road Ranger.


We decided not to stay in the condo with Candor's favorite Dory Room but stay at a different place called The Pearl.  The Pearl was awesome.  It had a kids pool, big pool, restaurants and easy access to the beach.  Candor was a little bummed on the way up there that we changed places but he quickly changed his mind once he saw all the amenities!

We didn't arrive until late the afternoon the first night so we only had time to grab a few groceries and eat supper.  They were a bit sad we couldn't go swim but I pulled out their special new vaca pj's I bought them and it perked them right up!


The next few days consisted of beach, pool, naps, and food.  The boys loved the beach and wresting around in the sand.






The kids pool was so fun.  For the first time in almost 5 years Todd and I actually got to sit back with our feet propped up and watch them swim and play.  I felt like we really turned a corner on this parenting thing!





I took a nap with Townes everyday and it was HEAVEN.  I loved snuggling with my little bug and I really loved being able to nap.


We also went to this shark store every afternoon just to mess around.  The boys talked us into getting them a toy vehicle just about every time we went there too.  Those lucky ducks.


Every night after Townes went to bed Candor once again got to lay in our bed, eat treats, and watch a few videos.  Of all the fun things he gets to do at South Padre I think this one might top his list!


On the way home Candor wanted to stop and climb the light house again.  Todd went with Candor this time since last time I was so frightened I almost didn't make it down.  



We love you South Padre and can't wait to see you again!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

23 Months! (Townes)

My little man is now 23 months old! He is so happy, sweet and funny!  His days are spent laughing and smiling...with only a few tears thrown in there every once in awhile. His new favorite loves this month are dandelions and helping me do things. Townes can spot a dandelion from a mile away and insists on grabbing every single one of them. He also insists on helping me do everything.  Some things take a bit longer to do with Townes helping but I'll take them taking out the trash everyday! His favorite foods is still tacos.  He gets fired up anytime we mention tacos and starts chanting....'TACOS! TACOS!'. He loves soccer balls.  One day he had a fit to try on one of Candor's soccer uniforms.  I have never in my life seen anyone so proud.  He was glowing and thought he was so cool like his big bro. Todd ordered them both a new Liverpool kit which was also Townes first soccer kit of...

Frankenstein

Candor and I did our first craft project.  There were no fights and it 'kind of' looks like Frankenstein so I give it an A+!

2018 Valentines

Townes and Candor had an awesome Valentines this year. In early February Candor and Townes made some sweet little Valentines for some of their friends. Candor then had his Valentines Day Sock Hop at his preschool.  A few hours before the dance I remembered I had signed up to bring cookies so we raced to the IGA and picked up our 'homemade' cookies! We then started getting ready for the big dance.  Once we got to the dance we headed straight to the photo booth.  Candor loved posing with all his friends and we could barely drag him away. Candor then headed for the dance floor.  He danced, played limbo, and ran around like crazy.  All the kids had so much fun. On the morning of Valentines Candor and Townes 'raced' downstairs to see what they got. Candor then got dressed and headed to school with the Valentines for his friends and Ms. Suzi's gift. Candor insisted that we bring Ms. Suzi some chocolate c...