Skip to main content

Baby Watch 2017

On April 13 I went in to see Dr. Gooch to check on the newest baby Jones.  I was 37 weeks and while still very close to my due date I thought I still had a few weeks to go.  At the visit Dr. Gooch told me that I was already 3.5 centimeters dilated and I could go into labor any day.

My first thought was.... WHAT ABOUT MONSTER JAM!?!?  Silly I know but Candor (really probably Todd and I) had been looking forward to going for months.  Monster Jam was on the 23rd and Dr. Gooch told me I would not make it.

I called Todd and told him he needed to start transitioning his work now as the baby was coming soon!  I then started thinking I needed to start talking to Nana and Pop Pop stat and work on a plan to get them here so if I did go into labor they could stay with Candor.

That night when Todd came home he arrived in this....


I mean I had called him 3 hours earlier to tell him the baby was going to come any second so he decides he needed to trade cars with someone at work for the weekend and comes home with a 2 seater!!  Makes total sense....right?!?!

My parents arrived that following Monday (April 17) and we officially went on baby watch!  Baby watch really consisted of spoiling Candor!

Hanging at Hat Creek waiting on Nana and Pop Pop to arrive.  One funny thing that happened while we were walking to Hat Creek was that Candor spotted some dog poop on the sidewalk.  He was fascinated by this so the remainder of the way to Hat Creek as well as the walk back he was on poop watch and got so excited if he found more poop!  He would scream.. "Momma more poop!!"


Nana and Pop Pop finally arrived so we took them to Maudies for supper.  Candor conned them into doing big jumps with him while walking.


The next day Nana, Pop Pop, AK, Candor and I went to Chucky Cheese.  Todd even met us for a bit.  Candor had so much fun playing all the games and eating cheese pizza.




Nana spent a lot of time in the sandbox with Candor.


Enjoying supper outside.

Nana reading bed time stories to Candor.

One afternoon Candor decided he wanted to play in his water table.  He also told me he wanted to put on his swim diaper.  I went and grabbed a swim diaper and then took off his regular diaper.  Before I could blink he took off and was yelling no swim diaper!!  So he played and played in the nude.


On April 20 I had another appointment with Dr. Gooch.  He was very surprised I had not went into labor!  He also decided that we needed to schedule an induction because when I did finally go into labor it would be very quick.  I told him anytime after Monster Jam was good with me.  We decided to schedule it for the following Monday (April 24) unless the baby came sooner.

Still no baby and headed to Monster Jam!




Our last photo booth photo as a family of three!


After all that anticipation 37 minutes into Monster Jam Candor said he was ready to go home.  Haha... Whatever kid.. you want to go home we will take you home!  He did leave with some pretty good swag.


That afternoon G and PaPa arrived so they could be here for the following day to welcome the new baby!  We had supper and Lucy's Fried Chicken.

Then headed for dessert at Amy's. 

To end the night Todd and I finally decided to install the baby seat!  We officially waited until the last minute.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

23 Months! (Townes)

My little man is now 23 months old! He is so happy, sweet and funny!  His days are spent laughing and smiling...with only a few tears thrown in there every once in awhile. His new favorite loves this month are dandelions and helping me do things. Townes can spot a dandelion from a mile away and insists on grabbing every single one of them. He also insists on helping me do everything.  Some things take a bit longer to do with Townes helping but I'll take them taking out the trash everyday! His favorite foods is still tacos.  He gets fired up anytime we mention tacos and starts chanting....'TACOS! TACOS!'. He loves soccer balls.  One day he had a fit to try on one of Candor's soccer uniforms.  I have never in my life seen anyone so proud.  He was glowing and thought he was so cool like his big bro. Todd ordered them both a new Liverpool kit which was also Townes first soccer kit of...

Frankenstein

Candor and I did our first craft project.  There were no fights and it 'kind of' looks like Frankenstein so I give it an A+!

2018 Valentines

Townes and Candor had an awesome Valentines this year. In early February Candor and Townes made some sweet little Valentines for some of their friends. Candor then had his Valentines Day Sock Hop at his preschool.  A few hours before the dance I remembered I had signed up to bring cookies so we raced to the IGA and picked up our 'homemade' cookies! We then started getting ready for the big dance.  Once we got to the dance we headed straight to the photo booth.  Candor loved posing with all his friends and we could barely drag him away. Candor then headed for the dance floor.  He danced, played limbo, and ran around like crazy.  All the kids had so much fun. On the morning of Valentines Candor and Townes 'raced' downstairs to see what they got. Candor then got dressed and headed to school with the Valentines for his friends and Ms. Suzi's gift. Candor insisted that we bring Ms. Suzi some chocolate c...