Skip to main content

24 Month Visit with Dr. D!

This was the morning of Candor's appointment. Every time I look at this it makes me laugh. I mean we have Todd sound asleep cuddling Puppy. Candor is laying in the wrong direction resting his foot on Todds shoulder. They are two peas in a pod. 

Oh and sorry Todd!  I 'forgot' to get your ok on this before I posted this picture. 



Once I rolled those two out of bed we headed to see Dr. D. Now when we walk in the office Candor will name each animal by making their sound. Who doesn't want to make an entrance by roaring loudly. 


Todd has made it to every single one of Candor's checkups. Best dada ever!


Overall Dr D. said Candor was doing fabulous and right on track. 

He is 35 inches long and weighs 27.8 lbs. 

A few funny things Dr. D. said were:

-When discussing how many words Candor now says...He said don't worry if he is not saying the ABC's and counting to 20 like that random kid at the park. Those kids are the bane of my existence.

You know what???  Dr. D. Is right!  I know this kid.  Candor and I met him and his mom a few weeks ago at the sandbox.  We were chit chatting about their age (he is a few weeks older than Candor) and this and that. We then starting discussing their speech and she proceeds to proudly tell me that her son can count to 20 AND say his abc's AND he has been doing this for months.  I smiled and politely said that's great. Inside I was unraveling. Something is wrong with Candor. I mean we can't even get him to say the word Yes!  It's always no no no no no. I need to call Dr. D. I called Todd on our way home and he once again calms me and assures me that Candor is brilliant. I do want to say that even though Candor can't count to 20 or say his abc's and he thinks everything is purple he is an amazing swinger. I mean that little overachiever boy was swinging on the baby swing and Candor was swinging on the big swing! 😜

-When talking about potty training Dr. D.  said you can either start now or wait till he's around three. By the time he is three he would be tired of having wet diapers and will potty train himself.  He mentioned that if we wanted help with potty training to borrow an older  neighbor kid (preferably a third or fourth kid in the family whose mother has given up on caring where her kids are at) who Candor looks up to. Have him stay at your house for a week and Candor will do everything he does including using the bathroom in the potty. 

I love Dr. D. so much. I can't imagine going to anyone else. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

23 Months! (Townes)

My little man is now 23 months old! He is so happy, sweet and funny!  His days are spent laughing and smiling...with only a few tears thrown in there every once in awhile. His new favorite loves this month are dandelions and helping me do things. Townes can spot a dandelion from a mile away and insists on grabbing every single one of them. He also insists on helping me do everything.  Some things take a bit longer to do with Townes helping but I'll take them taking out the trash everyday! His favorite foods is still tacos.  He gets fired up anytime we mention tacos and starts chanting....'TACOS! TACOS!'. He loves soccer balls.  One day he had a fit to try on one of Candor's soccer uniforms.  I have never in my life seen anyone so proud.  He was glowing and thought he was so cool like his big bro. Todd ordered them both a new Liverpool kit which was also Townes first soccer kit of...

Frankenstein

Candor and I did our first craft project.  There were no fights and it 'kind of' looks like Frankenstein so I give it an A+!

2018 Valentines

Townes and Candor had an awesome Valentines this year. In early February Candor and Townes made some sweet little Valentines for some of their friends. Candor then had his Valentines Day Sock Hop at his preschool.  A few hours before the dance I remembered I had signed up to bring cookies so we raced to the IGA and picked up our 'homemade' cookies! We then started getting ready for the big dance.  Once we got to the dance we headed straight to the photo booth.  Candor loved posing with all his friends and we could barely drag him away. Candor then headed for the dance floor.  He danced, played limbo, and ran around like crazy.  All the kids had so much fun. On the morning of Valentines Candor and Townes 'raced' downstairs to see what they got. Candor then got dressed and headed to school with the Valentines for his friends and Ms. Suzi's gift. Candor insisted that we bring Ms. Suzi some chocolate c...