Candor started school! It is actually Mother's Day Out (MDO) but calling it school is much more exciting. Many many moons ago Todd and I put Candor on the waiting list for the Mother's Day Out program at Hillcrest Baptist Church. Well - the last week of August Mrs. Margaret (the MDO director) called and told me that Candor could start the following week on September 1! I had been waiting for this call for months but once I actually got the call I panicked! He has been with me pretty much 24/7 since he was born! What would I do? What would he do? Would he be scared? Would he miss me?Mrs. Margaret talked me off the ledge and reassured me that this was the best thing for myself and for Candor. She said there would be tears from both of us but give her 6 weeks and Candor would no longer cry and be excited to come to school. She said there was nothing she could do about my tears. Ha!
The night before school started Todd, Candor, and I went to Meet the Teacher night. It was so much fun to meet Candor's teachers, see his room, and understand what his schedule would be each day. We learned that Candor will be going to school on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9-2 and will be in the Frog class. The frogs are babies 12 - 24 months old so he will be one of the younger ones in the class. His Frog teachers are Mrs. Maggie and Mrs. Lauris. They are so sweet. His schedule is as follows:
09:00-09:30 Arrive - table toys, rocking/riding toys, blocks, books
09:30-10:00 Outdoor playground time or indoor gym play
10:00-10:20 Wash hands, prayer, snack and story time
10:20-10:45 Diaper changes, music and dance
10:45-11:30 Music and dance / Sensory art activity / Playtime
11:30-11:40 Clean-up
11:40-12:00 Wash hands, prayer, lunch and story time
12:00-12:30 Diaper changes, looking at books on big mat and carpet
12:30-12:45 Dismissal for non-nappers
12:45-02:00 Nap
01:50-02:00 Dismissal
After looking at his schedule I immediately thought Candor man was going to have a couple of issues. The first issue is lunch. At lunch time the children are suppose to sit at a little table and eat their food. Candor has never sat at a table much less sat still for more than 3 seconds. The second issue is nap time. Each child has their own nap mat and they are suppose to lay on the mat and nap. Candor is a bit of a diva and requires you to rock him to sleep. I let Mrs. Maggie know she might have a few problems with Candor at lunch and nap and I told her Good Luck!
My sweet Mamaw Joyce passed away so I had to miss Candor's first day of school as AK and I travelled to Louisiana to attend the funeral. Todd got to take Candor to school and thankfully sent lots of pictures.
Wakey Wakey - IT'S YOUR FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!:
First Day of School Pics:
Obligatory first day of school selfie with daddy!:
Todd and I could not keep our minds off of Candor all day wondering how he was and if he liked school. When Todd walked in at 2 to pick up Candor he said he heard him screaming all the way down the hall. Mrs. Maggie and Mrs. Lauris said that Candor was an A+ until lunch time. They said at lunch he would not sit at the table and at nap time he would not lay on his mat and just cried and cried. They said that there was another little boy in the class that did the same thing and they were going to talk that afternoon and come up with a plan to make Thursday better. Todd said the moment he put Candor in the car seat he fell asleep and slept for several hours after they got home.
AK and I came back the next day so on Thursday I was able to bring Candor to school!
Second Day of School Pic:
Once I got to school Mrs. Maggie and Mrs. Lauris said that they were going to move Candor and the other little boy down to the Fish Room. This is for babies under a year. They said that once Candor got use to being at school that they would move him back to the Frog room. I felt so sad as the Fish did not get do do any of the fun things such as play outside, crafts, storytime, etc. After I dropped off Candor I went to the trail and had a long run. During my run I decided that this was best for Candor and I was ok with him being a Fish.
When I went to pick up Candor he was sitting in a little cart with the other Fish. He was so happy to see me! I asked Mrs. Judy (his Fish teacher) how he did and she said that he didn't do that great as he seemed quite bored all day. Mrs. Lauris, Mrs. Maggie, and Mrs. Judy decided that going forward he would be a Frog until lunch time. At lunch time he would be a Fish as the Fish have high chairs and cribs. I was so happy!! Candor now gets the best of both worlds! Todd and I started calling him a salamander!
Fast forward till today (September 29). When I went and picked up Candor Mrs. Judy, Mrs. Lauris, and Mrs. Maggie told me that starting next week Candor will go to being a Frog full time! They stated that Candor has made much progress and he is ready!
Candor gets a Daily Information Sheet each day. I LOVE LOVE reading them and learning what he does each day. Below are all the Information Sheets (I promise not to bore you with them going forward.....well I will try not to) and the crafts that Candor has done thus far.
9.1.2015:
9.3.2015:
9.8.2015:
The most beautiful pink pig I have ever seen!
9.10.2015:
9.15.2015:
I'm not sure what this creature is but it is stunning none the less.
9.27.2015:
Beautiful blue sky!
9.22.2015:
Candor had been feeling a little sick and when he woke up on Tuesday morning he was sneezing, running nose, and coughing. I decided I needed to keep him home from school. Boy was that a mistake. By around 11 he seemed to be doing much better and was into everything!! I have a feeling the little rat was faking his sickness so he could stay home with me.
He totally knows he is not suppose to be on the stairs but obviously he doesn't care.
We really need to get cabinet locks as he loves to drag out all the dishes.
9.24.2015:
9.29.2015:
Candor really has enjoyed his time at school and I have enjoyed my time off as well. I am so thankful that we have the ability to do this.

























Comments
Post a Comment