Skip to main content

Today you turned one... (Candor)



My dear sweet precious beautiful baby boy.  Today you turned one!!  We had a wonderful day.  We had to go pick up your daddy at the airport around midnight.  When we made it back home we sang you Happy Birthday and you got to open your present!  Your daddy bought you a Sphero that we named Nubby.  He has been eyeing this thing for months!  It is a little ball that you control with your iphone.  He would make Nubby roll all over the house and you would chase it.  You finally got to bed around 1:30.

When you woke up you ate your favorite breakfast....milk!!  We made it to my goal of 1 year breastfeeding.  At first it was so hard but we eventually got into the swing of things.  I remember one day in the early weeks I told your daddy that I couldn't last a year of nursing.  He told me not to worry about how long you can do it - just focus on today.  I focused on 'today' many times.  I will always treasure those times when it was just the two of us....even the many many late night feedings.

After breakfast we went for a walk around the neighborhood in your car.  I love taking you for walks and you love going for walks.  It is so fun to watch you explore your surroundings.

When we got back you played a bit and then took your morning nap.

After your nap we went to Terra Toys and you got to pick out a balloon.  You picked an orange balloon with a mustache.  When we were getting back into the car I accidentally let it fly away! Thankfully you didn't care!

The remainder of the day we ran around town getting items for your birthday party.  You are such a great little shopper.  You ride in the buggy and smile at everyone you pass.

Thank you so much for celebrating your day with me.  The past year has been the very best year of my life.  You have taught me so much about love, selflessness, and to slow down and enjoy each minute rather then scurrying around trying to get things done.  Nana Katie, Poppy, G, PaPa and your daddy will probably disagree about me slowing down but I really have gotten better.  You have also made me appreciate Nana Katie and Poppy so much more than I already did.  I now understand the love they have for me and AK and how giving they have always been.

A few things about you...
  • You love life.  You are always so happy and your dad and I always say everyone should be like you.  The world would be a better place if there were a bunch of Candors walking around.
  • You love laughing at me and I love making you laugh.  I can do anything and you crack up.
  • You love people and smiling at them.  Every time and I mean every time we go out of the house you always get a handful of comments from total strangers about how beautiful you are, how happy you are, and how pretty your smile is.
  • Your favorite person is me and your daddy is a close second. I'm assuming milk has a bit to do with it.
  • You love to swim, take baths, and go to the splash pad.  You are my little fish! 
  • You have 4 teeth.  Two on the bottom and two on the top.
  • You love to climb on everything.  You are now standing on your own and will walk if we are holding your hands.  I give you another week before you are walking by yourself.
  • You normally wake up around 5:30 each morning.  You play for a bit and then you take a long morning nap.  After your morning nap we usually run errands or play.  You then take an afternoon nap.  These range from 30 minutes to an hour.  At night we try to get you to bed by 8.  Some nights you sleep through the night and some nights you wake up around midnight.  I pretend you wake up because you miss me. 
  • We rock you to sleep every night.  You don't particularly like hugs or snuggling on the couch, however, during our rocks you sometimes snuggle right up to me.  It's heavenly.
  • You rarely sit still.  You are usually on the go exploring.
  • You love dogs.  Every time we see a dog you squeal and wave your hands up and down.
  • You love going for runs in the early morning.  You become so relaxed in the stroller.
  • You love Sesame Street and Basho & Friends videos.
  • I get to stay home with you everyday while daddy goes to work.  I love taking you on new adventures everyday and introducing you to new things.
  • You love cars and especially steering wheels.  Sometimes when your daddy and I are letting the car cool down we will let you sit in our laps in the drivers seat.  You grab the steering wheel with one hand and turn on and off the windshield wipers (including the windshield wiper fluid) over and over again.  You get upset when it's time to put you in your car seat.
When you get older I think you will be a race car driver.  As mentioned above about your love for cars I only think it is fitting.  I honestly do not care what you become as long as you are happy.  I only wish that you never lose your zealous demeanor.

I asked several of your closest friends and family their thoughts on what you would do and this is what they said.

Daddy:  "An artist and you will make the world a better place."

Poppy:  "Founder and CEO  of a new advanced computer company that is worth billions.  It will be named 'Poppy's Puters'."

Nana Katie:  "A trustworthy politician:  Nana thinks this because you really ham it up whenever people are around.

G:  "An attorney or a judge...Or a great free thinker that finds cures for human maladies."

PaPa:  "A great leader."

AK:  "A tarot card reader."

AB:  "A triathlete."

GUB:  "You will pursue a profession in finance or the medical profession."

AJ:  "A medical research scientist and will find cures for many diseases."

Vera:  "A mountain climber/professional hiking guide or a chef."

Arby:  "You will graduate with a finance degree with a MIS double major and a minor in coffee shops....so Realtor it is."

Florio:  "A lion tamer."

Antonia:  "A business analyst."

Sarah:  "A heart breaker."

Dewana:  "A pimp....ok not really - you will be a techie!"

Alyssa:  "An engineer for a choo choo train."

Addison:  "A firefighter."

Uncle T:  An Olympian, though not sure what event maybe the decathlon.

Aunt Molly:  A tech entrepreneur and invent something.

Paul:  A mountain climber.

Meredith:  "As you grow up I look forward to you knowing and loving the outdoors and cherishing all chances to run!  There is nothing better than your smiling face at a morning run."

Rohit:  "Batman"

Aunt Gwen:  "A big name in the entertainment industry.  You are already a great drummer, stand up commedian, and dancer."

Uncle Eddie:  "A ship captain.  Perhaps, a Fleet Commander in the U.S. Navy."


I love you my sweet baby and your daddy and I can't wait to see what the next year brings us!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

23 Months! (Townes)

My little man is now 23 months old! He is so happy, sweet and funny!  His days are spent laughing and smiling...with only a few tears thrown in there every once in awhile. His new favorite loves this month are dandelions and helping me do things. Townes can spot a dandelion from a mile away and insists on grabbing every single one of them. He also insists on helping me do everything.  Some things take a bit longer to do with Townes helping but I'll take them taking out the trash everyday! His favorite foods is still tacos.  He gets fired up anytime we mention tacos and starts chanting....'TACOS! TACOS!'. He loves soccer balls.  One day he had a fit to try on one of Candor's soccer uniforms.  I have never in my life seen anyone so proud.  He was glowing and thought he was so cool like his big bro. Todd ordered them both a new Liverpool kit which was also Townes first soccer kit of...

Frankenstein

Candor and I did our first craft project.  There were no fights and it 'kind of' looks like Frankenstein so I give it an A+!

2018 Valentines

Townes and Candor had an awesome Valentines this year. In early February Candor and Townes made some sweet little Valentines for some of their friends. Candor then had his Valentines Day Sock Hop at his preschool.  A few hours before the dance I remembered I had signed up to bring cookies so we raced to the IGA and picked up our 'homemade' cookies! We then started getting ready for the big dance.  Once we got to the dance we headed straight to the photo booth.  Candor loved posing with all his friends and we could barely drag him away. Candor then headed for the dance floor.  He danced, played limbo, and ran around like crazy.  All the kids had so much fun. On the morning of Valentines Candor and Townes 'raced' downstairs to see what they got. Candor then got dressed and headed to school with the Valentines for his friends and Ms. Suzi's gift. Candor insisted that we bring Ms. Suzi some chocolate c...