Skip to main content

Epidurals are Heavenly



On Tuesday, July 22 Nana Katie, Poppy, Todd, and I went to Maudie's to eat our last meal without Candor.  I sometimes wonder how I walked without tipping over.   


During dinner many of our friends and family sent us predictions on what they thought Candor's height, weight, length, hair color, eye color, and time of birth would be.  Little did I know Vera would be the closes to the time of birth..

KJ:
8lbs 4 oz, 22 inches, dark hair, blue eyes, 11:30AM

Todd:
7lbs, 19 inches, blonde hair, hazel eyes, 2:22PM

Nana Katie:
7lbs 14 oz, 21 inches, dark hair, blue eyes, 12:30PM

Poppy:
6lbs 11 oz, 23 inches, no hair, brown eyes, 1:30PM

Travis:
8lbs 5 oz, 20 inches, jet black hair, hazel eyes, 10:18AM
Molly:
7lbs 2 oz, 21 inches, brown hair, blue eyes, 10:17AM

G:
7lbs 10 oz, 20 inches, dark hair, blue eyes, 3:38PM

Steve:
perfect and on time

Brooke:
7lb 2 oz, 19 inches, brown hair, blue eyes, 4:00PM

Kristin:
7lbs 5oz, 20 inches, blonde cotton top, blue eyes, 2:38PM

Arby:
8lbs 3 oz, 19.5 inches, brown hair, brown eyes, 8:15AM

Vera:
7lbs 4 oz, 14.5 inches, brown hair with golden highlights, blue eyes, 9:45PM

Dewana:
7lbs 9oz, 19.5 inches, brown hair, blue eyes, 1:37PM

Lauryn:
8lbs 7oz, 21.5 inches, black hair, brown eyes, 11:34AM

The morning of July 23 Todd and I headed to the hospital and checked in at 8:00AM.  




At 9AM I got induced.  At 12:30PM the best thing occurred.  I received an epidural.  At 6:00PM I finally started pushing.  I pushed and pushed and pushed and pushed and little Candor finally decided to grace us with his presence 11:19PM!  The little dude weight 8lb 2oz, was 21 inches long, and had dark hair and blue eyes.  









Nana Katie, Poppy, G, and Steve were all in the waiting room when Candor was born.  Kristin, Brooke, and Arby waited for hours but had to leave before Candor arrived.













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

23 Months! (Townes)

My little man is now 23 months old! He is so happy, sweet and funny!  His days are spent laughing and smiling...with only a few tears thrown in there every once in awhile. His new favorite loves this month are dandelions and helping me do things. Townes can spot a dandelion from a mile away and insists on grabbing every single one of them. He also insists on helping me do everything.  Some things take a bit longer to do with Townes helping but I'll take them taking out the trash everyday! His favorite foods is still tacos.  He gets fired up anytime we mention tacos and starts chanting....'TACOS! TACOS!'. He loves soccer balls.  One day he had a fit to try on one of Candor's soccer uniforms.  I have never in my life seen anyone so proud.  He was glowing and thought he was so cool like his big bro. Todd ordered them both a new Liverpool kit which was also Townes first soccer kit of...

Frankenstein

Candor and I did our first craft project.  There were no fights and it 'kind of' looks like Frankenstein so I give it an A+!

2018 Valentines

Townes and Candor had an awesome Valentines this year. In early February Candor and Townes made some sweet little Valentines for some of their friends. Candor then had his Valentines Day Sock Hop at his preschool.  A few hours before the dance I remembered I had signed up to bring cookies so we raced to the IGA and picked up our 'homemade' cookies! We then started getting ready for the big dance.  Once we got to the dance we headed straight to the photo booth.  Candor loved posing with all his friends and we could barely drag him away. Candor then headed for the dance floor.  He danced, played limbo, and ran around like crazy.  All the kids had so much fun. On the morning of Valentines Candor and Townes 'raced' downstairs to see what they got. Candor then got dressed and headed to school with the Valentines for his friends and Ms. Suzi's gift. Candor insisted that we bring Ms. Suzi some chocolate c...